2021 NCAA D1 Championship

Started by Harris, March 18, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Kind of expected. Both have 1 match which is winnable and the next one will be very difficult, but you never know.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 18, 2021, 09:05:22 PM
Weiler loses 12-4.  His rental contract is now expired.  Hahaha.
After a promising season Big Tens and NCAAs were....not good to say the least...

Harris

Harris

That was awesome.  I love it!

DocWrestling

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 18, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
Hillger get reversal right at end and wins 2-1!!!

Crazy that ESPN does not show riding time.  He looked gassed after not being able to get out but kept going and got the reversal!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

wrastle63

Huge win for Hillger!!! Beat Gremmel and he is in the semis. Gremmel isn't flashy at all. He likes to push on his feet but think Trent is a better overall wrestler!

padre

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2021, 09:47:51 PM
Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 18, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
Hillger get reversal right at end and wins 2-1!!!

Crazy that ESPN does not show riding time.  He looked gassed after not being able to get out but kept going and got the reversal!

They have mentioned it several times that they are having technical difficulties with the riding time.

wrestlemania

Big win for Trent, still have three wrestlers alive going into day two.

Harris

I think I pulled a muscle screaming and jumping up when he got that reversal  ;)

wrastle63

Quote from: wrestlemania on March 18, 2021, 09:52:14 PM
Big win for Trent, still have three wrestlers alive going into day two.
Not that is where we want to be by any means, but with the way the season has gone having 3 alive for day 2 is pretty decent. Barnett and Burwick both have a winnable first match tomorrow and then see who they match up with after that.

bigoil

Quote from: Harris on March 18, 2021, 09:53:40 PM
I think I pulled a muscle screaming and jumping up when he got that reversal  ;)

If you see in the background Bono is going crazy and jumps in the readers arms. 

Ghetto

Anyone else hear Randy Ferrell's voice announcing Hillgers win in their head? Just me?

That was fun to watch. He looked like he was never gonna get out. Kinda paused at that one point when down. Thought he was mentally gassed.

He got that reversal with what,  33 seconds left? Meaning he just erased riding time.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Numbers

Quote from: Ghetto on March 18, 2021, 10:38:07 PM
Anyone else hear Randy Ferrell's voice announcing Hillgers win in their head? Just me?

That was fun to watch. He looked like he was never gonna get out. Kinda paused at that one point when down. Thought he was mentally gassed.

He got that reversal with what,  33 seconds left? Meaning he just erased riding time.

I think Thor had 30 seconds RT in period 2.

So Thor needed to get out by the 30 second mark to avoid losing 2-1 on RT.  What a reversal and ride out!!