2021 NCAA D1 Championship

Started by Harris, March 18, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

I was about to say, Amos would have surely won by more tham that! :)

hammer

Quote from: Troy Grindle on March 20, 2021, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: bigoil on March 20, 2021, 11:27:22 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 20, 2021, 09:37:11 AM
I dont believe Amos ever wrestled Ferrari. Where did you see that?

Next year will be really interesting. How many colleges will allow their seniors to use this extra free year and come back next year?  Apparently basically all of Iowas guys are going to use it and be back.  If a lot of seniors are allowed to come back and decide to, the talent next year in college could be very good and deep.  Add in wrestlers from schools that took the year off like Cornell and it will be interesting how we will fit in, even with a much improved lineup.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKRyHMqn9E

Thanks for sharing that video. I will admit that I have had my doubts about how good Amos would have been this year, even with the guys he has beaten. But after watching that video and watching Ferrari wrestle last night I have no doubt in my mind now that Amos could've pushed for a national title this year.  In all likelihood Amos is going to be like a Kemp or a Howe.  I just hope that he does come to the badgers and doesn't decide just to wrestle internationally and skip college.  Amos is going to be a very special wrestler.

I dont think that was Amos. Amos didn't wrestle at the cowboy open for another team.

hammer

I think for the Badgers to go from where they finished this year and in two years earn a trophy is a pretty big step. I hope Wisconsin jumps to the top 7 in the big ten in the next couple years. Wisconsin is making some moves on the recruiting scene for sure. A couple of more years of big recruits Wisconsin is in business. Let's get the wrestlers in the room and build them into hammers!

tigerking

Quote from: hammer on March 21, 2021, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Troy Grindle on March 20, 2021, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: bigoil on March 20, 2021, 11:27:22 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 20, 2021, 09:37:11 AM
I dont believe Amos ever wrestled Ferrari. Where did you see that?

Next year will be really interesting. How many colleges will allow their seniors to use this extra free year and come back next year?  Apparently basically all of Iowas guys are going to use it and be back.  If a lot of seniors are allowed to come back and decide to, the talent next year in college could be very good and deep.  Add in wrestlers from schools that took the year off like Cornell and it will be interesting how we will fit in, even with a much improved lineup.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKRyHMqn9E

Thanks for sharing that video. I will admit that I have had my doubts about how good Amos would have been this year, even with the guys he has beaten. But after watching that video and watching Ferrari wrestle last night I have no doubt in my mind now that Amos could've pushed for a national title this year.  In all likelihood Amos is going to be like a Kemp or a Howe.  I just hope that he does come to the badgers and doesn't decide just to wrestle internationally and skip college.  Amos is going to be a very special wrestler.

I dont think that was Amos. Amos didn't wrestle at the cowboy open for another team.

I am pretty sure the wrestler in that video is Noah Adams. To beat Ferrari, someone is going to have put him into a scramble and work him into positions he is not comfortable in. Possibly a low single or upper body ties like a bodylock, underhooks, and over/under. He is strong and athletic, I have a hard time seeing anyone ride him out and score on him from a double or single.

bigoil

Google and youtube have it labeled wrong.

I believe Amos can and will beat all comers at 197.