2021 NCAA D1 Championship

Started by Harris, March 18, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Troy Grindle

Also the guy sitting next to Brandvold with the ZZ Top beard and tiny mask looks hilarious. 

Great work by Bucky with two all Americans.
And then there was that.

wrestlemania

I have to admit I thought Hilliger was all wrestled-out and plateaued but he has worked very hard and wrestled well to earn All-America status and you gotta salute that!

Two All-Americans and a Top 25 finish, for this season, that will work out.  Quite a night for UW athletics!

crossface21

2 AA this year is great. I don't know what was going on with Thor during the season, but I'm glad he's figured out how to fix it at the right time! Barnett's progress is exactly what we've all been clamoring for. Great stuff to build on for next year.

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 19, 2021, 08:57:28 PM
2 AAs! Where are all the people saying this was going to go badly for the Badgers?

Talking to you Dad 2 5, leg Turk, tiger king

Lol, you are a joke.

mkm13

Great showing for Barnett and Hillger. Burwick also wrestled well. They all seemed to peak at the right time. For those getting on Bono for his traing style and having his guys peak early, that couldn't have been more wrong based on what we saw this weekend.

Add Amos, Wick, Zargo, Hamiti, and Copass and we could be a top 10 team soon.

I was curious how AJ Ferrari would do this weekend at 197 since Amos and him will be at the same weight for many years.  He appears to be the real deal.

neutral

Quote from: mkm13 on March 20, 2021, 07:03:07 AM
I was curious how AJ Ferrari would do this weekend at 197 since Amos and him will be at the same weight for many years.  He appears to be the real deal.

Agreed - but also an ars ... in my opinion.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on March 20, 2021, 12:57:51 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 19, 2021, 08:57:28 PM
2 AAs! Where are all the people saying this was going to go badly for the Badgers?

Talking to you Dad 2 5, leg Turk, tiger king

Lol, you are a joke.
If that makes you feel better. Lol  ::) The Badgers also broke single digits if you weren't aware.

bigoil

Quote from: mkm13 on March 20, 2021, 07:03:07 AM
Great showing for Barnett and Hillger. Burwick also wrestled well. They all seemed to peak at the right time. For those getting on Bono for his traing style and having his guys peak early, that couldn't have been more wrong based on what we saw this weekend.

Add Amos, Wick, Zargo, Hamiti, and Copass and we could be a top 10 team soon.

And Amos beat Ferrari and Kerkvliet looking at some older results

mkm13

I dont believe Amos ever wrestled Ferrari. Where did you see that?

Next year will be really interesting. How many colleges will allow their seniors to use this extra free year and come back next year?  Apparently basically all of Iowas guys are going to use it and be back.  If a lot of seniors are allowed to come back and decide to, the talent next year in college could be very good and deep.  Add in wrestlers from schools that took the year off like Cornell and it will be interesting how we will fit in, even with a much improved lineup.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

One could argue the venting after the Big Tens helped provided motivation to the Badgers.

I think we all want the Badgers to do well. Sometimes tough love works.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Cassioppi beats Hillger 8-0

Rematch vs Gremmel for 5th place...
Kirk Nelson

onwisconsin

I am very happy for Trent.   However, his neutral position offense has regressed this year and even in this tournament.  Still hope he takes 5th.   I think he is explosive enough seeing him move from the bottom.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson