Brackets

Started by vsmf2010, March 10, 2021, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

EB got the 19 seed. Most importantly on the bottom of the bracket where anything is possible and only run into Lee in the finals.

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/files/2021_ncaa_d1_brackets.pdf

vsmf2010

KB with the 18 seed. Would get RBY if he can get by the 15 Mosha Schwartz

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 10, 2021, 05:08:08 PM
EB got the 19 seed. Most importantly on the bottom of the bracket where anything is possible and only run into Lee in the finals.
Extremely good draw for Barnett. I predict he beats Courtney.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I like our draws at all 4 weights...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

npope

You're concerned about Barnetts' chances against Lee? I think EB has a whole lot more to worry about than his possible encounter with Lee in a finals (or anywhere else) match. If anywhere, EB is going to be in the consolations pursuing a placement - not the championship bracket...and Lee won't be in the consolations bracket. Two different animals.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

Quote from: npope on March 10, 2021, 07:35:12 PM

You're concerned about Barnetts' chances against Lee? I think EB has a whole lot more to worry about than his possible encounter with Lee in a finals (or anywhere else) match. If anywhere, EB is going to be in the consolations pursuing a placement - not the championship bracket...and Lee won't be in the consolations bracket. Two different animals.

I think vsmf is hoping anything goes on the bottom half of the bracket since Lee is on the top. I would guess there are 15 kids on the top half also looking at the consi brackets because Lee is as close to unbeatable as in have ever seen
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

vsmf2010

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 10, 2021, 07:55:15 PM

I think vsmf is hoping anything goes on the bottom half of the bracket since Lee is on the top. I would guess there are 15 kids on the top half also looking at the consi brackets because Lee is as close to unbeatable as in have ever seen

Exactly! Lee is as close to no chance as I ever seen in college wrestling (although I feel the same way about Gable after watching him dismantle Parris) so no I am not concerned about EB chances against Lee. My point was if you are on the bottom the only way you are going to see him is if you are in the NCAA finals because you certainly are not going to run into him on the back and if you make the finals you have had the tournament of your life. There are 16 wrestlers on the bottom most likely all feeling pretty good about their seeds regardless of the number and feeling they have a shot to get to the finals. The 16 on the top would need a miracle. 

dad 2 5

I don't see this going particularly well for the Badgers. Hopefully they can get a couple back side wins but it does not look good. But just wait until next year!

DocWrestling

Keckeisen vs Weiler in 2nd round
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bigG

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 10, 2021, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 10, 2021, 07:55:15 PM

Exactly! Lee is as close to no chance as I ever seen in college wrestling (although I feel the same way about Gable after watching him dismantle Parris) so no I am not concerned about EB chances against Lee. My point was if you are on the bottom the only way you are going to see him is if you are in the NCAA finals because you certainly are not going to run into him on the back and if you make the finals you have had the tournament of your life. There are 16 wrestlers on the bottom most likely all feeling pretty good about their seeds regardless of the number and feeling they have a shot to get to the finals. The 16 on the top would need a miracle.

It's a victory if Lee doesn't stick you. Head and shoulders above the rest.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

How many total points will the Badgers get at the tournament? Will they break single digits?

matrat86

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 10, 2021, 09:38:38 PM
I don't see this going particularly well for the Badgers. Hopefully they can get a couple back side wins but it does not look good. But just wait until next year!

Do you ever say anything positive?

I particularly like the first round match-ups. You need to keep in mind that this the Big 10 has wrestled only Big 10, so almost every time a team stepped on the mat this year, the match-up was a highly ranked opponent. That is not necessarily the case for other conferences who come in sporting undefeated or one loss records. This year you could see some high seeded non-Big10 guys getting knocked off by many lower seed Big 10 athletes.

wrastle63

Quote from: matrat86 on March 11, 2021, 08:49:18 AM

I particularly like the first round match-ups. You need to keep in mind that this the Big 10 has wrestled only Big 10, so almost every time a team stepped on the mat this year, the match-up was a highly ranked opponent. That is not necessarily the case for other conferences who come in sporting undefeated or one loss records. This year you could see some high seeded non-Big10 guys getting knocked off by many lower seed Big 10 athletes.
LOL Exactly. It is the NCAA tournament there are no easy draws.

125-Barnett has a pretty favorable path if he can beat Lane round 1. To AA he would have to beat Ragusin and then either Foley or Schroder. That is very doable.
133-Burwick has a winnable first match and then would get RBY, but has winnable matches on the backside to start.
184- Weiler winnable first match and then would have Keckeisen a Wisconsin native. Keckeisen has wrestled almost every match this year by 1-2 points besides wrestling backups. Weiler is very good on the mat whereas Keckeisens strength is neutral. I wouldn't be shocked if Weiler could win that match. Otherwise Weiler would most likely have Brands on the backside which was 2-0 at Big Tens. If he wins that he is in the bloodround.
285-Hillger hasn't had his best season but has some very winnable matches with guys he beat last year(Gremmel, Elam, etc.) on the backside assuming Stencil beats him based on previous results. He would have Jordan Wood in the bloodround to be an AA.

tigerking

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 11, 2021, 09:14:09 AM
Quote from: matrat86 on March 11, 2021, 08:49:18 AM

LOL Exactly. It is the NCAA tournament there are no easy draws.

125-Barnett has a pretty favorable path if he can beat Lane round 1. To AA he would have to beat Ragusin and then either Foley or Schroder. That is very doable.
133-Burwick has a winnable first match and then would get RBY, but has winnable matches on the backside to start.
184- Weiler winnable first match and then would have Keckeisen a Wisconsin native. Keckeisen has wrestled almost every match this year by 1-2 points besides wrestling backups. Weiler is very good on the mat whereas Keckeisens strength is neutral. I wouldn't be shocked if Weiler could win that match. Otherwise Weiler would most likely have Brands on the backside which was 2-0 at Big Tens. If he wins that he is in the bloodround.
285-Hillger hasn't had his best season but has some very winnable matches with guys he beat last year(Gremmel, Elam, etc.) on the backside assuming Stencil beats him based on previous results. He would have Jordan Wood in the bloodround to be an AA.

Bagers have 0 AAs this year. I would liked to be positive, but tough draws all around. I do not forsee Barnett beating Ragusin and Foley/Schroeder in one weekend.  Burwick is going to have a rough time beating Mosha Schwartz first round. Even if he beats him, Kyle will have to beat Hayes or Dryden and Phillipi or Desanto to AA.

If Weiler loses to Keckeinsen, he will have to beat Brands and Wilson or Samuelson to AA. That is a possible path.

Hilger has the best draw he could possibly have, but I don't think he is wrestling extremely well right now.