Badgers Excited to Battle at Big Tens | Kirk Nelson

Started by TomM, March 05, 2021, 04:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Quote from: dman on March 09, 2021, 07:57:22 AM
Quote from: Wis-Mallard on March 09, 2021, 07:55:13 AM
The Big 10 gets a lot more automatic qualifiers than the other conferences. It might be easier to have a good record in the other conferences but I don't know if it's significantly easier to qualify for the NCAA's in the other conferences. There are a lot of good wrestlers in the other conferences too.

Agreed.  No one can deny the Big Ten's depth, but the talent level at the top isn't that far off from each conference.

It's very far off. Over half of the finalists since 2012 are from the big ten. And over half the top 4 are also from the big ten during that span. The NCAA seeding and tournament will be interesting. I'm sure the big ten teams are excited to wrestle someone outside the big ten. The other side, probably not so much.

Ledger

Quote from: mkm13 on March 09, 2021, 08:48:58 AM

157: 2 (2nd and 5th best)

I'm surprised Ryan Deakin of Northwestern isn't ranked number 1.  Anything can happen, but I don't see anybody challenging this guy.  He seems to be on another level.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Ledger on March 09, 2021, 11:17:02 AM

I'm surprised Ryan Deakin of Northwestern isn't ranked number 1.  Anything can happen, but I don't see anybody challenging this guy.  He seems to be on another level.
Wrestlestat is great but this one is a little bit of a head scratcher. Even last year wrestlestat had Hidlay ranked ahead of Deakin even though Deakin was undefeated and had beaten Hidlay at the Cliff Keens.

mkm13

Quote from: Ledger on March 09, 2021, 11:17:02 AM

I was surprised by that as well, and am pumped to see Hidlay and Deakin wrestle in the finals.  I would give Deakin the edge as well, but would be surprised if Hidlay didn't make it very difficult.

asdfg

Flo has their At-Large PREDICTIONS for NCAA tourney.  They have Barnett easy choice for bid, and Krattiger scraping by with the last at large bid.  No one else in their predictions.

Harris

Quote from: asdfg on March 09, 2021, 12:18:31 PM
Flo has their At-Large PREDICTIONS for NCAA tourney.  They have Barnett easy choice for bid, and Krattiger scraping by with the last at large bid.  No one else in their predictions.

I hope Barnett gets in there and just wrestles pissed off and tears up the bracket  ;D.  Come back with a vengeance.