8.   Tate Orndorff, Ohio State
9.   Christian Rebottaro Michigan State
10.   Jack Heyob, Northwestern
11.   Christian Colucci, Rutgers
12.   Dorian Keys, Purdue
13.   Rudy Streck, Indiana
14.   Garrett Kappes, Maryland

vsmf2010

I hope those stick. Those are some very good draws for the Badgers.

tigerking

Predictions:

Barnett will qualify. He is wrestling much better then when he first wrestled Heinselmen. I could see him making a run to the BIG10 finals.

Burwick will have to beat Decatur or Rundell to qualify. Those are winnable matches.

Scharenbrock has a tough draw. WOW! If he beats Kanen Storr first round, he will still have to beat Yaya Thomas or Beau Bartlett to qualify. If he loses first round, he is going to have to beat the loser of Blockhus/Parriot. His funk will keep him in these matches. Hopefully he can get hot at the right time.

Model will have to beat Saldate or Licking to qualify. Very winnable matches.

Kratty will have to beat Drew Hughes or Turley from Rutgers. Turley has had a weird season. Lost to Maylor in his first match of the year, but beat Allar by TF on 1/31. Easiest path for Kratty is beating Allar and beating up Drew Hughes on the backside. Hughes isn't tough enough to handle Kratty's handfighting.

Weiler has a good chance to make the finals. This 184 bracket is funky. I could see Weiler having to beat Rocky Jordan from the 10 seed and Taylor Venz from the 6 seed in order to make finals. Not an easy task, but doable.

Hilliger is going to finish 7th or 8th. He will not beat Cassiappi and I do not think he will beat the loser of Kerklivet or Parris. Tough draw.

Badgers punch through 5 on AQs. 125, 157,174,184,285

Armdrag

how much movement of these pre seeds will there be before go time on Saturday?? When are the seeds finalized??

LeftyHeadlock27

I'm pretty sure these are the final seeds the only things that could change would be if a wrestler were to get hurt at practice sometime this week then he would be replaced and the seeds would be changed accordingly

tigerking

They have a coaches meeting at 11 am on Friday to appeal seeds. I could see some movement. As it stands, Eric Barnett has Robbie Howard first round. Badgers are also projected to take 3rd last based on preseeds.

npope

Quote from: tigerking on March 03, 2021, 08:40:29 AM
They have a coaches meeting at 11 am on Friday to appeal seeds. I could see some movement. As it stands, Eric Barnett has Robbie Howard first round. Badgers are also projected to take 3rd last based on preseeds.

Really? I wouldn't have guessed that just from scanning the seeds. That said, the success/failure of the Badgers at the meet isn't predicated so much on the Badgers getting through to the semi-finals as much as it is to being able to slog through the consolations and beat guys that they lost to earlier in the season.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

tigerking

Quote from: npope on March 03, 2021, 10:47:34 AM

Really? I wouldn't have guessed that just from scanning the seeds. That said, the success/failure of the Badgers at the meet isn't predicated so much on the Badgers getting through to the semi-finals as much as it is to being able to slog through the consolations and beat guys that they lost to earlier in the season.

Agreed. Guys like Burwick, Scharenbrock, Model, and Kratty are going to have to battle on the backside to qualify.

wrastle63

It does hurt being projected to be the 3rd last team, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

125-Barnett almost teched McKee who is the 4 and Barnett is opposite of Spencer so anything can happen.
133-I am predicting Burwick upsets Dryden round 1 and then would face Desanto. Burwick would then have Decatur/Rundell which are both winnable matches. If Burwick wins that he win be top 8, which I think he will be!
141-We are ranked 14th. In his second match will face Bertoni from Maryland who is 2-6. I like our chances to win that match, but then would have Chad Red/Dylan Duncan.
149-Sharenbrock has Kanen Storr round 1 which is a tough but winnable match. If he loses he should beat Kantzler from Illinois and then would have Blockhous or Parriott based on seeds. If you win that match he is top 8.
157-Model has Cleary round 1 who he beat in a super close match for the reward of wrestling Ryan Deakin. If he beats Cleary he will have Licking who he beat already on the backside to make top 8. If he loses to Cleary he will have Saldate a freshman from MSU.
165-First Ethan Smith-he was super competitive with him in the dual(5-3). He would then have Spadafora from Maryland which I think he wins. Then it would be Amine or Sparks to be top 8.
174-Rematch with Allar which I think he wins then Kemerer. Then Drew Hughes from MSU. If he wins that he is top 8 which I think he will!
184-Weiler got an awesome spot in the bracket. Will have Lyon or Jordan(who he did lose to but early in season). If he wins that he would have Venz who he already beat or Malczewski to make the finals!
197-Not good will have Warner from Iowa and then probably Garret Joles from Minnesota who has a lot of offense.
285-  Will have Colluci from Rutgers then Cassioppi from Iowa to make the semis. If he were to lose to Cass he would have a fairly easy match and then would face Kerkvleit from PSU most likely. Tough draw.

Handles II

npope

Quote from: npope on March 03, 2021, 10:47:34 AM

Ooohhh, I get it now - third to the last! I misread the post and thought you said the Badgers are predicted to finish third. Note to self, "Must improve reading comprehension."
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Quote from: Handles II on March 04, 2021, 07:45:03 AM
Wait 'til next year!!

After a BAD year they should make a big jump up in the Big Ten, right?

Handles II

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 04, 2021, 06:00:43 PM
Quote from: Handles II on March 04, 2021, 07:45:03 AM
Wait 'til next year!!

After a BAD year they should make a big jump up in the Big Ten, right?
Define big jump. Top 4, or more like 8th?

mkm13

Assuming Barnett, Wick, Krattiger, Weiler, Amos, and Hillger all are on the team next year and healthy, it would seem we could finish as high as 5th.  It would appear we would need a lot of improvement or an additional transfer or 2 to finish above Michigan and OSU.  It would take 5 or 6 high end transfers to finish close to Iowa or PSU...but that can be said with almost anyone.

Army Ant

Kirkvliet #7 at Heavyweight? I know he's better than that. Raw deal for Parris even though Parris may beat him. I'm guessing he's the 2nd or 3rd best heavyweight. I know he didn't "earn" any seed this year but the goal should still be to seed the wrestlers so you get the best wrestlers advancing. #6 would be much better for everybody IMO.