Underground 4

Started by mkm13, February 25, 2021, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Amos beat TJ Dudley 7-2 and Wick pinned Berger.  As a reminder, Dudley finished 2nd in 2016 and 3rd in 2017 at NCAAs.  His only losses at NCAA's were to Bo Nickal and Gabe Dean.  That is a pretty significant win for Amos, who has yet to wrestle a college match. 

If there was any doubt, that further reinforces Amos is already to compete at a very high level right now.  The program will all of a sudden seem "turned around" with Wick and Amos added to the lineup next year.  People need to keep that in mind when looking at results this year where other teams are wrestling their top guys.

leg turk

Very nice wins by both. Really looking forward to next year.

BuckyMatt

He's an impressive kid and will be an excellent ambassador for the program. Already congratulating Brooks Empey and "Welcoming him to the family".
Future is bright!

wrastle63

This is from Jon Kozak who has lots of stats and info.

Here's some of the guys Dudley's beat on the Senior Level:
Kollin Moore
Ty Walz
Scottie Boykin
Nino Bonaccorsi

Moore and Walz are currently #3 and #7 at 97kg in the US. Dudley is #8 at 97kg.

Grapl

I wasn't able to watch.....where can we find all the results?

Rat

Doe's anyone know is Hayden Copass still a Badger?

walden_hiker

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Grapl on February 25, 2021, 11:10:15 AM
I wasn't able to watch.....where can we find all the results?

Here is a link to the Senior Level Results

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/February/24/WUG-4-Recap
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Twitter Link showing Evan Wick photo. Great photo by Stacy Schiesl !

https://twitter.com/USAWrestling/status/1364798026095730692
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Harris

Wick looks really strong to me and is wrestling great.  I really hope he returns next year and tears it up.  Amos is a stud!

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on February 25, 2021, 06:20:11 PM
Wick looks really strong to me and is wrestling great.  I really hope he returns next year and tears it up.  Amos is a stud!

There is a lot of good things with those two and Hillger and EB. Just hope the Badgers get all those pieces and  add another or two. Who is going to be coaching Amos? Hope they can bring in someone that will get those big guys even better.

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 25, 2021, 09:13:21 PM

There is a lot of good things with those two and Hillger and EB. Just hope the Badgers get all those pieces and  add another or two. Who is going to be coaching Amos? Hope they can bring in someone that will get those big guys even better.
The same people who are coaching him now?

BuckyMatt

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 26, 2021, 07:24:50 AM

I assume Reader can roll around with the big guys and Newton Schmerchek has been an instrumental workout partner for both Trent and Braxton but when you have a room of Braxton, Pete Christensen, Thor, Brooks Empey, Salamme and Hayden Copass, that is a ton of high quality workout partners at those upper weights! Exciting!

Harris

It's too bad Connor Medbery can't roll around with them as well.  He would have made a great training partner.  I wonder how he is doing in Medical School.

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 26, 2021, 07:24:50 AM

Who is that?

I thought some one mentioned on the forum Amos goes back out east for training at times. If he is not in school in would guess he could train anywhere but I am hoping it is mainly badger rtc.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet