Positive experience with NFHS Streaming of WIAA State events.

Started by TomM, February 23, 2021, 02:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Positive experience with NFHS Streaming of WIAA State events?
Did you have a positive experience with the streaming?
What was your experience?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

400excracer

Worst streaming experience I have had. it rarely worked for more than 5-10 seconds. Biggest waste of $10 ever. Cancelled the next day. The schools figured out how to do it better in a matter of weeks.

thequad

It was all very poor reception, broken up and too far away from the mat and other problems.
I did get a refund.
You do have 30 days to get the refund!
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

GradeTough

I hope this is not the future of High School sports streaming. Like others have said. It was a terrible experience. At first, I thought it was me but quickly realized it was that platform. I missed so much action it was unbelievable. Always seems to crap out at the worst times too. I hope I never have to use that system again.

Chuck

I was able to watch the spinning wheel with 1 eye  perfectly while the other eye was on the track wrestling dashboard on another device. I am not going to ask for my money back because they obviously need it to upgrade their system.

bigoil

When you comment, please say whether it was D3, D2 or D1.

D2 was a lot of spinning wheels.

crossface21

I watched D1 Individiual state and it was very inconsistent. I had 4 windows open, and 1 or 2 mats was always buffering. I closed it down to 2 windows and that solved nothing. I was hoping it would be better for Team State but it was the same and that was only watching 1 dual. I missed a lot of the Rivera-Eisch match in the finals cuz of the spinning ball of doom.

bigoil

I watched Team state D1 on my phone and it worked better than D2 individual  but it did glitch during most matches.  Frustrated in a match like Jager vs Nicolar.

sled77

Encountered frequent buffering with D3 individual and team state.  Found if I closed the window and reopened it usually would work better, so I did that a lot.  Still, it was well worth the money.

SayHey42

NHFS streams were an absolute joke for individual and team. The positive was getting an Eisch Rivera rematch.

I watched the IA finals on the Iowa High School Sports Network app. This is a free app put out by them, zero cost to watch. Not one buffering issue. For the finals they had 4 boxes up that didn't change... A box for each div match and a box with each mats scores. Fox Sports WI should take note as being able to see the full match on every mat vs randomly switching between mats was a much better format.

littleguy301

Quote from: SayHey42 on February 23, 2021, 09:58:07 PM
NHFS streams were an absolute joke for individual and team. The positive was getting an Eisch Rivera rematch.

I watched the IA finals on the Iowa High School Sports Network app. This is a free app put out by them, zero cost to watch. Not one buffering issue. For the finals they had 4 boxes up that didn't change... A box for each div match and a box with each mats scores. Fox Sports WI should take note as being able to see the full match on every mat vs randomly switching between mats was a much better format.

Some one else told me that about Iowa also. My buddy was in Omaha working and watched the Iowa championships and thought it was first rate and very enjoyable. He is an average wrestling watcher and said he would watch more is it was laid out like Iowa was.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Rat

{sarcasam} But we get to watch girls basketball on a wisconsin network.  ::) ::)