Podcast Brainstorm

Started by M-Town Fan, February 22, 2021, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-Town Fan

Hi everybody, since we have a long off-season ahead of us and the off-season material Steve and I put out last year spanned from July-November I know there will be extra time for us to put out different material. We have a few ideas in mind that we will run with but will gladly take recommendations on what you all would like to listen to! Let us know what you would like to hear and we will do our best to get your idea into podcast form.

Lunatic Fringe

I think a series on College Wrestling in Wisconsin would be great. Specifically talking about the Wisconsin High School Wrestlers at those programs.  I bet a lot of the college coaches would love to be on your podcast.

Wisconsin has lost programs at UW-Stout, UW-River Falls, Lawrence University, Marquette and others but recently there have been quite a few teams adding wrestling would be cool to see interview's with those colleges.

Carthage College
Bryant & Stratton
Lakeland Women's
UW-Stevens Point Women

Wrestling Novice

A podcast on high school girls  would be great.  I like the college podcast idea especially if you divide it up into two...D1 and 2 in one and D3 and JUCO in another.   A third on the girl's programs in the state. 

bulldog

"off season"? Is there such a thing?

I like the college wrestling idea. Every HS and MS parent wants to know what it took to get to that "next step in wrestling". It would be interesting to hear what the coaches and the athletes have to say about preparing for wrestling after HS

Few ideas:

Look at each UW program (LaCrosse, Eau Claire, Oshkosh, Whitewater, Stevens Point, Parkside, etc) and focus on the Wisconsin athletes at these programs
Look at the WI athletes with UW Madison
Don't forget about the athletes that went away. Many great WI athletes are competing for universities outside of Wisconsin
Coming into tournament season for college. This weekend are conference tournaments. NAIA National Championships, Big 12 Championships and Big 10 Championships are next weekend. There will be some WI kids at these events

Even though the kids are not in HS anymore they are still be followed by family and fans

YES - female HS programs. Great idea

2021 Olympic Trials...there will be some WI kids at this event - Jesse Thielke, Ben Provisor, Alyssa Lampe, Macey Kilty, Jessika Rottier (I am sure I am missing some)

Then you are deep into Greco/Freestyle season. WWF state and Fargo could have plenty of chatter for a few episodes.

wrestlingfan32

A look into the clubs around the state and how they perform at the state and national level.

tigerking

The College Coaches idea is awesome. I think that would be a hit.

It would be cool to take a look at Wisconsin High School products in D1 College Wrestling and see how they are competing.

tigerking

I was down at the shack in Stratford the other day and I heard Jody Schwabe is making a comeback. Bring the tigers back from the ashes. That would be a good topic for the next podcast!

Coach V

State Individual champs-2-time,3-time,4-time
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

asdfg

Alot of justified focus and talking about WI kids going DI, but plenty going all over the US for NAIA, DIII and DII.  Interview some of those kids for why the chose where they went, recruitment process at those levels, grade needs, etc.  Think a lot of WI kids are missing out on wrestling at the next level...no matter what that level is.

Agree with prior posts about talking with Shane K at Bryant and Stratton.  The success of that program would be great for WI.

Wis-Mallard

Christmas tournaments recap would be great for next year. The TOA tournament this past December had so many good matches of guys from different divisions.

Wrath

Are you going to do a team state recap podcast?

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Wrath on February 26, 2021, 10:32:47 AM
Are you going to do a team state recap podcast?

Coming out next week!

Nearfall3

Doing podcasts with some of the smaller club program coaches around the state would be a good idea. Everyone knows about the locations of the biggest ones but highlighting the others and their stories would be cool.

wrestlingfan32

Do a podcast on how coaches are having success getting girl wrestlers to come out for wrestling for example Holmen and Milwaukee Ronald Reagan both had over 10 girls compete at the 2019 badger state girls tournament. 

M-Town Fan

Quote from: wrestlingfan32 on February 27, 2021, 01:00:33 AM
Do a podcast on how coaches are having success getting girl wrestlers to come out for wrestling for example Holmen and Milwaukee Ronald Reagan both had over 10 girls compete at the 2019 badger state girls tournament.

If you go back to our episode in the summer with Jason Lulloff Matt Verbeten and Rose Ann Marshall the coaches do an amazing job in explaining their recruiting process! We will definitely have more episodes like this in the future but I highly recommend going to that episode and giving it a listen!