way too early 2021-2022 line up

Started by dad 2 5, February 20, 2021, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckyMatt

Was walking on Campus this weekend and saw Kizhan Clarke from American University, 15th seed at the 2019 NCAA's at 149 # on campus for a visit!

Man, this staff is making moves!!!! 

dad 2 5

Quote from: Narwhal on June 07, 2021, 01:08:48 PM
from flo wrestling website

Kizhan Clarke is another former NCAA qualifier that will be looking for a new home to use their final year of eligibility at. Clark was 37-7 during the 2020 season and earned the #15 seed at the 2020 NCAA Championships. American did not compete this season until the EIWA Championships, but Clarke did not wrestle. During his career, he has wins over Jaden Abas, Requir van der Merwe, Kanen Storr, Markus Hartman, and many more. He began the season ranked at #13 in our preseason rankings.

It would be a great day to hear It a Great Day to be a Badger!

tigerking

Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 07, 2021, 03:44:58 PM
Quote from: Narwhal on June 07, 2021, 01:08:48 PM
from flo wrestling website

Kizhan Clarke is another former NCAA qualifier that will be looking for a new home to use their final year of eligibility at. Clark was 37-7 during the 2020 season and earned the #15 seed at the 2020 NCAA Championships. American did not compete this season until the EIWA Championships, but Clarke did not wrestle. During his career, he has wins over Jaden Abas, Requir van der Merwe, Kanen Storr, Markus Hartman, and many more. He began the season ranked at #13 in our preseason rankings.

It would be a great day to hear It a Great Day to be a Badger!

This would be a huge get for the Badgers!

tigerking

My sources have been saying that Joey Grello is touring Madison and would cut to 165 for the Badgers. That would help fill a hole.

vsmf2010

Quote from: tigerking on June 08, 2021, 10:58:15 AM
My sources have been saying that Joey Grello is touring Madison and would cut to 165 for the Badgers. That would help fill a hole.
Wow this portal stuff is nutty. Every year is going to be like free agency. Not sure I like it but it does not matter. I think it is here to stay. Hopefully Bono and company continue to be good at it.

dad 2 5

Quote from: BuckyMatt on June 02, 2021, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 02, 2021, 10:17:33 AM
Current Roster Projection:

125 Eric Barnett / Ethan Rotondo 
133 Kyle Burwick / Cole Bavery (RS)
141 Austin Gomez / Dom Dentino / Trey Escobar
149 Drew Scharenbrock / Joey Zargo RS / Dan Stilling (RS) / Aiden Medora (RS) / Cole Carroll (RS)
157 Garrett Model / Devin Bahr / Kevin Meicher / Cody Anderson (RS) 
165 Josh Otto / Gavin Model (RS) / Dean Hamiti (RS)
174 Andrew McNally / Tyler Dow / Anders Lantz
184 Chris Weiler / Graham Calhoun (RS)
197 Braxton Amos / Andrew Salemme / Brooks Empey (RS)
285 Trent Hillger / Pete Christensen / Hayden Copass (RS)

Nice looking lineup and I don't think Bono and company are done adding/improving to it!

Looking at this what is encouraging is 30, 30 guys in the room after not filling it this is good. And you look at this line up and there are guys that can win even in the Big Ten. 49-65 is a little soft yet even those guys can pull in some wins.

dad 2 5

let plan a game. Assign the win % each guy will have this coming up season
Tom is going first ;D

125 Eric Barnett100% baby!
133 Kyle Burwick 100% baby!
141 Austin Gomez 100% baby!
149 Drew Scharenbrock 100% baby!
157 Garrett Model  100% baby!
165 Josh Otto  100% baby!
174 Andrew McNally  100% baby!
184 Chris Weiler  100% baby!
197 Braxton Amos  100% baby!
285 Trent Hillger 100% baby!

Gutwrench

I am by no means an expert when it comes to the team, but it seems to me like a pretty competitive line up without very many "holes".  I would even go on to say there aren't any "holes" per se.  There is a nice blend of talent and experience.  I can see 7+ national qualifiers, with multiple AA's.  Obviously cheering for the whole team, buy my hope is that the Wisconsin natives can take that next step.

Here's hoping for everyone to stay healthy.  Go Badgers!

MakingABadgerer

Quote from: Gutwrench on July 05, 2021, 10:45:41 AM
I am by no means an expert when it comes to the team, but it seems to me like a pretty competitive line up without very many "holes".  I would even go on to say there aren't any "holes" per se.  There is a nice blend of talent and experience.  I can see 7+ national qualifiers, with multiple AA's.  Obviously cheering for the whole team, buy my hope is that the Wisconsin natives can take that next step.

I hope they all can take the next step and stay healthy.  This isn't an attack on you Gutwrench as I am not saying that you have made the comment but I have seen several mentions that UW doesn't recruit enough in state guys.  Doing a quick count of the roster, I see 15 or 16, that's more than 50% of last years total roster.

Here's what our in state lineup would look like:
125 Barnett
133 Bavery/Dentino
141 Stilling
149 Medora/Meicher
157 Anderson/Bahr/Model
165 Otto/ Model
174 Dow/Lantz
184 Dow/Lantz
197 Salemme/Empey
285 Empey/Salemme

dad 2 5

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on July 07, 2021, 09:49:30 AM
Quote from: Gutwrench on July 05, 2021, 10:45:41 AM

I hope they all can take the next step and stay healthy.  This isn't an attack on you Gutwrench as I am not saying that you have made the comment but I have seen several mentions that UW doesn't recruit enough in state guys.  Doing a quick count of the roster, I see 15 or 16, that's more than 50% of last years total roster.

Here's what our in state lineup would look like:
125 Barnett
133 Bavery/Dentino
141 Stilling
149 Medora/Meicher
157 Anderson/Bahr/Model
165 Otto/ Model
174 Dow/Lantz
184 Dow/Lantz
197 Salemme/Empey
285 Empey/Salemme

I see but Gut and Make points. I think Gut is looking at starters and high impact guys in the roster and Make looking at % of the over all roster. I think what Gut is saying is it would be nice to see the high end State recruits at the UW.

Gutwrench

All I was saying is that the projected lineup has 4 Wisconsin natives in Barnett, Scharenbrock, Model, and Otto.  I feel that all are very solid and poised to take that next step. I'm just hoping they do.  I'll be cheering for all Badger wrestlers certainly. 

MNbadger

So how does everyone see the Mn/Wi border battle to play out this season?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

dad 2 5

Bad reminder of last years meet 27-7 and Jared K was one of the Badgers wins. So can the Badger swing to wins at 41;74;84;97 and make this a tight battle? Add a win at 25 and maybe get an upset at 33 And this could get the Badgers a very good team win.

dad 2 5

Quote from: BuckyMatt on June 02, 2021, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 02, 2021, 10:17:33 AM

125 Eric Barnett / Ethan Rotondo 
133 Kyle Burwick / Cole Bavery (RS)
141 Austin Gomez / Dom Dentino / Trey Escobar
149 Drew Scharenbrock / Joey Zargo RS / Dan Stilling (RS) / Aiden Medora (RS) / Cole Carroll (RS)
157 Garrett Model / Devin Bahr / Kevin Meicher / Cody Anderson (RS) 
165 Josh Otto / Gavin Model (RS) / Dean Hamiti (RS)
174 Andrew McNally / Tyler Dow / Anders Lantz
184 Chris Weiler / Graham Calhoun (RS)
197 Braxton Amos / Andrew Salemme / Brooks Empey (RS)
285 Trent Hillger / Pete Christensen / Hayden Copass (RS)

Nice looking lineup and I don't think Bono and company are done adding/improving to it!

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/wrestling/roster hoping the roster is updated soon

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on July 07, 2021, 03:43:55 PM
So how does everyone see the Mn/Wi border battle to play out this season?
1-Very close dual, but hard to tell now. See who starts and is even on team. If Gables gone that changes things significantly. 2-Did you study point differentials in the off-season?