125 Barnett (J)           Rotundo (se)
133 Burwick (So)        Denito (J)
141 Zargo (F)             Escobar (So)
149 Scharenbrock (J) Medora (So)
157 Model (Se)          Bahr (Se)
165 ?Wick? (Se)        Hamiti (F)
174 Kratty (J) or Otto (So) or Dow (J)
184 Kratty (J) or Otto (So) or Dow (J)
197 Amos (F)             Christensen (So) or Salemme (J)
hwy Hillger (Se)         Compass (F)

Not sure how this "free" year will be designated on the grade guys are in.

What are your thoughts? Not a bad team

crossface21

IMO, I have a hard time seeing Christensen on the team next year unless he can somehow get to 184. He has no spot if Amos lives up to the hype. I'd love to see him stay especially for depth, but I just don't see it.

Brncrzy189

Christensen is not making 184. He would have always had a tough time doing so, and beginning this year at HWT makes it easy to presume they feel his best chance of success is likely at that weight class (Or, at least, continuing to develop his body to where he would be a big 97). If you take a look at the pic of Thor and Pete on Pete's IG from August 2019, Pete is taller and may even have a slightly thicker frame.

Interesting thing for 2022 lineup is would Weiler consider staying another season? If so, do they have the scholarships available to do so with Wick and Amos back in the lineup?

dad 2 5

Quote from: Brncrzy189 on February 22, 2021, 02:07:03 PM
Christensen is not making 184. He would have always had a tough time doing so, and beginning this year at HWT makes it easy to presume they feel his best chance of success is likely at that weight class (Or, at least, continuing to develop his body to where he would be a big 97). If you take a look at the pic of Thor and Pete on Pete's IG from August 2019, Pete is taller and may even have a slightly thicker frame.

Interesting thing for 2022 lineup is would Weiler consider staying another season? If so, do they have the scholarships available to do so with Wick and Amos back in the lineup?

If the Badgers could get Weiler back for 10th year (joking) that would help the line up a lot and make is interesting
133 Burwick (So)        Denito (J)
184 Weiler (super SE) Otto (So)
hwy Hillger (Se)         Compass (F)

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Here is my current projection:

125 Eric Barnett / Ethan Rotondo (Maybe a Barnett redshirt)
133 Kyle Burwick / Cole Bavery (RS)
141 Joey Zargo / Dom Dentino / Trey Escobar
149 Drew Scharenbrock / Dan Stilling (RS) / Aiden Medora (RS) / Cole Carroll (RS)
157 Garrett Model / Devin Bahr / Kevin Meicher / Cody Anderson (RS) (Bahr is very good for a backup)
165 Evan Wick / Josh Otto / Gavin Model (RS) Dean Hamiti (RS)
174 Jared Krattiger / Anders Lantz
184 Tyler Dow / Graham Calhoun (RS)
197 Braxton Amos / Andrew Salemme / Brooks Empey (RS)
285 Trent Hillger / Pete Christensen / Hayden Copass (RS)

High number of projected redshirts next season because of not using a year this season and the double freshman class

Redshirt Sr's that can return - Weiler, Spray, Vosters. Will wait to hear whether they plan to return.

Hamiti and Copass are very good, but are projected behind Wick and Hillger.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

hammer

Quote from: crossface21 on February 21, 2021, 12:44:48 PM
IMO, I have a hard time seeing Christensen on the team next year unless he can somehow get to 184. He has no spot if Amos lives up to the hype. I'd love to see him stay especially for depth, but I just don't see it.

I been hearing christenson is weighing in at 230 so I doubt 184 is a choice. I would bet he is HWT next year.

I like the line up for sure if that is going be the guys on the team!

dad 2 5

Quote from: hammer on March 13, 2021, 10:42:59 AM
Quote from: crossface21 on February 21, 2021, 12:44:48 PM

I been hearing christenson is weighing in at 230 so I doubt 184 is a choice. I would bet he is HWT next year.

I like the line up for sure if that is going be the guys on the team!

I have heard the same thing with Peter and thinking he would be moved to HWY or transfers out with another good level guy coming in in Copass

dad 2 5

for the spelling police ;D
133 Burwick (So)        Dentino (J)
184 Weiler super SE or Kratty (J) or Dow (J)
hwy Hillger (Se)         Copass (F)

dad 2 5

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 13, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
Here is my current projection:

125 Eric Barnett / Ethan Rotondo (Maybe a Barnett redshirt)
133 Kyle Burwick / Cole Bavery (RS)
141 Joey Zargo / Dom Dentino / Trey Escobar
149 Drew Scharenbrock / Dan Stilling (RS) / Aiden Medora (RS) / Cole Carroll (RS)
157 Garrett Model / Devin Bahr / Kevin Meicher / Cody Anderson (RS) (Bahr is very good for a backup)
165 Evan Wick / Josh Otto / Gavin Model (RS) Dean Hamiti (RS)
174 Jared Krattiger / Anders Lantz
184 Tyler Dow / Graham Calhoun (RS)
197 Braxton Amos / Andrew Salemme / Brook Empey (RS)
285 Trent Hillger / Pete Christensen / Hayden Copass (RS)

High number of projected redshirts next season because of not using a year this season and the double freshman class

Redshirt Sr's that can return - Weiler, Spray, Vosters. Will wait to hear whether they plan to return.

Hamiti and Copass are very good, but are projected behind Wick and Hillger.

WWF, that is a line that could produce some good wins and some that I think the Badgers would be favored in many match ups, Barnett; Burwick; Wick; Amos; Hillger and throw in some wins with Kratty and Model and Dow has won some plus maybe a surprise or two out of 41 and 49. could be a fun year. Put Weiler in and then another favored most matches if we make the assumption the guys get healthy. 

hammer

Here is another to think about

Barnett
Burwick
Zargo
Sharenbrock
Model
Otto
Krattiger
Dow
Salemme
Christenson

I dont know where the depth chart is at so I will not speculate. I believe the wrestlers mentioned above will be in the Badger singlet next year. I certainly hope wrestlers like Wick, Hamiti and Amos are in the room but at this point they arent even officially at the UW.

mkm13

That is certainly a negative outlook for next year. That team would be bad, but it simply doesnt make sense to not include your 4 best wrestlers.

hammer

Quote from: mkm13 on March 14, 2021, 12:59:03 PM
That is certainly a negative outlook for next year. That team would be bad, but it simply doesnt make sense to not include your 4 best wrestlers.

Just looking at what we know as wrestlers that are actually in the room. Wick has been training all around and I hear he is in the AWA room coaching a bit. Hamiti has been wrestling for the Sunkist kids and that is out of the ASU room. Amos I hear has been training out east at times. So those mentioned haven't been actually in the badger room and while I sound negative I am only using wrestlers that I know are actually enrolled. Like I said I certainly hope all 3 are in the line up next year. I also forgot about Hilger who I also hope is back next year. Not being negative just working with what we actually have

mkm13

Well if Wick, Amos, Hillger, Hamiti and Weiler are all not on the roster next year, I would assume the coaching staff is not either. 

Transfers happen, or wrestlers decide to do something else, so it wouldn't surprise me if 1 or 2 ended up not wrestling next year, but making a roster with none of them seems like a waste of time.  If they are all gone, it would essentially be starting over from scratch and Bono's first 3 years were a waste.

matrat86

Quote from: hammer on March 14, 2021, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 14, 2021, 12:59:03 PM

Just looking at what we know as wrestlers that are actually in the room. Wick has been training all around and I hear he is in the AWA room coaching a bit. Hamiti has been wrestling for the Sunkist kids and that is out of the ASU room. Amos I hear has been training out east at times. So those mentioned haven't been actually in the badger room and while I sound negative I am only using wrestlers that I know are actually enrolled. Like I said I certainly hope all 3 are in the line up next year. I also forgot about Hilger who I also hope is back next year. Not being negative just working with what we actually have

On the RTC's Rokfin they posted an interview with Amos a few days ago. From watching that post, it looks like he's in Madison training. You also do realize, Gross and Heaton both compete under the Sunkist name?

This post is almost like saying, I saw your wife talking to another man at church, so she must be cheating.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't know, I'd say your post is almost like throwing spaghetti on the wall and hoping it is al dente.

TheDude308

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wick move up to 174.