way too early 2021-2022 line up

Started by dad 2 5, February 20, 2021, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

heart123

Thought krattinger was in transfer pool?

dad 2 5

Quote from: heart123 on April 11, 2021, 07:32:40 AM
Thought krattinger was in transfer pool?

He is. I think everyone needs to pull him out and put up new way too early line up projections

dad 2 5

maybe:

125 Barnett (J)           Rotundo (se)
133 Burwick (So)        Dentino (J)
141 Zargo (F)             Escobar (So)
149 Scharenbrock (J) Medora (So)
157 Model (Se)          Bahr (Se)
165 Wick (Se)        Hamiti (F)
174 Otto (So) or Dow (J)
184 Weiler super SE or Dow (J)
197 Amos (F)             ?Christensen (So)? or Salemme (J)
hwy Hillger (Se)         Copass (F)

I am think we see a transfer or two yet that will change this, Hopefully transfer in not out

wrastle63

Quote from: tigerking on March 30, 2021, 05:09:13 PM
Rumor at the Shack in Stratford is Gavin Drexler is going to become a Badger. Great kid. Great Family. Future All-American for the Badgers. Geaux Tigers.
The Shack is wrong. But not wrong on great kid and family.

mkm13

Andrew McNally would look good at 174.

mkm13


vsmf2010

Quote from: mkm13 on April 13, 2021, 10:57:07 AM
Andrew McNally would look good at 174.

He has listed Wisconsin in the 4 he is considering so that seems like there is a decent chance. The other 3 are Pitt, OK St and Iowa St.

Also Austin Gomez is unretired, moving up to 141. He said he has been contacted by several schools including Wisconsin. He has had concussion issues but also has wins over RBY and DeSanto back in 2019.

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 13, 2021, 11:57:51 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on April 13, 2021, 10:57:07 AM
Andrew McNally would look good at 174.

He has listed Wisconsin in the 4 he is considering so that seems like there is a decent chance. The other 3 are Pitt, OK St and Iowa St.

Also Austin Gomez is unretired, moving up to 141. He said he has been contacted by several schools including Wisconsin. He has had concussion issues but also has wins over RBY and DeSanto back in 2019.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/wrestling/2020/01/15/iowa-state-wrestling-austin-gomez-medical-hardship-cyclones-roster/4477596002/
Gomez has quite a bit of eligibility left as well.

tigerking

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 13, 2021, 06:35:53 AM
Quote from: tigerking on March 30, 2021, 05:09:13 PM
Rumor at the Shack in Stratford is Gavin Drexler is going to become a Badger. Great kid. Great Family. Future All-American for the Badgers. Geaux Tigers.
The Shack is wrong. But not wrong on great kid and family.

I was about to say! Bono just let ANOTHER All-American cross state lines.

tigerking

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on April 16, 2021, 08:10:27 AM
Luka Wick to Cal-Poly.

Thought the blood line would bring him to Wisconsin...would like to think if we showed any interest in him that he would be at UW.

Numbers

Quote from: tigerking on April 16, 2021, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on April 16, 2021, 08:10:27 AM
Luka Wick to Cal-Poly.

Thought the blood line would bring him to Wisconsin...would like to think if we showed any interest in him that he would be at UW.

If Luca and Hamiti are different weights in a year or two, maybe Luca will transfer to Wisconsin?

Numbers


wrastle63

Quote from: tigerking on April 16, 2021, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on April 16, 2021, 08:10:27 AM
Luka Wick to Cal-Poly.

Thought the blood line would bring him to Wisconsin...would like to think if we showed any interest in him that he would be at UW.
LOL

npope

Quote from: tigerking on April 16, 2021, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on April 16, 2021, 08:10:27 AM
Luka Wick to Cal-Poly.

Thought the blood line would bring him to Wisconsin...would like to think if we showed any interest in him that he would be at UW.

Not that I know anything behind the scenes, but there are a handful of reasons a recruit might actually want to come to a given school but not be admissible. Not to say that that this issue in play with Luka Wick or Shack, etc., but just that simply assuming that it was a dropped ball on the coaching staff's part isn't necessarily a fair assessment without firsthand information. And these kind of sensitive things can never be divulged by the coaching staff or appropriately discussed on public forums.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imwi

Also, he's from CA isn't he?  And stayed in CA?  That wouldn't have anything to do with the young man's decision, would it?

wrestlingfan32

I also believe I read somewhere he wants to create his own path and not follow Evan and Zander.

wrestlingfan32


rjchev141

Bono and Co. are crushing it in the transfer portal so far (Moran, Gross, Breske, Watkins, Sebastian, Weiler, McNally)!  Looking at what is available vs Badgers' roster, here are some thoughts.
-141, 149, 157 are the weights where immediate depth could improve the team
-Jaden Abas, Real Woods, Austin Gomez are immediate AA contenders
-Gabe Tagg & Adam Busiello have plenty of eligibility and potential

rjchev141