Author Topic: Next move for high school wrestlers? Maybe going out of state to compete  (Read 481 times)

Offline TomM

• Administrator
  • Comfortably Numb
    • Wisconsin Wrestling Online
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Offline Narwhal

• Speak to Me
Re: Next move for high school wrestlers? Maybe going out of state to compete
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:46:21 AM »
SARS-CoV-2 Transmission Associated with High School Wrestling Tournaments — Florida, December 2020–January 2021
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7004e4.htm?s_cid=mm7004e4_w

So our kids teams, coaches, WIAA take all kinds of precautions and some other states people come here to get around their own rules. Right got it. Wasn't there some other events people brought here to get around safety health rules where they live. Amazing

Offline dman

• Money
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 10:13:12 AM »
SARS-CoV-2 Transmission Associated with High School Wrestling Tournaments — Florida, December 2020–January 2021

So our kids teams, coaches, WIAA take all kinds of precautions and some other states people come here to get around their own rules. Right got it. Wasn't there some other events people brought here to get around safety health rules where they live. Amazing

How's Iowa doing with all this sports, schools, etc. and Covid?

Offline Narwhal

• Speak to Me
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »
"How's Iowa doing with all this sports, schools, etc. and Covid?" dman
I don't know. Can anyone tell me with confidence how they are doing?
I'm not aware of what follow up have they done. I don't know if people transmitted to others during and after events. I don't know if they do contact tracing all over the state regarding events. I don't know if people reply honestly to requests for follow up.

I don't know if there is any evidence either way.
I have not seen any research. I only see anecdotal evidence. I hear people often say "we didn't see any problems" or "there weren't any problems".
If there is no research there will be no factual results.

Offline Handles II

• Brain Damage
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »

This is interesting. It appears that here in WI, most of our teams and coaches are working well with the pre-event screening and mask/mop/shower recommendations during contact and very hopefully at the pracitices sticking with these same protocols. I hope a renewed empasis of these comes out from the WIAA prior to Saturday, helping ensure coaches, wrestlers and officials are all on the same page.

And then there are what some call the "Super Spreader" events with little or no regulations. I hear quite often that there have been "zero" cases from these events, yet when asked about any actual contract tracing or testing, there's just the slight sound of a cricket.

With the two new varients (european and brazilian) which apparently can spread up to 70% easier than the china version, both being in Wisconsin and the midwest states, things won't go back to "normal" anytime soon it seems.
Why don't mass murders use other guns, weapons or household objects as often as they do semi-auto handguns and assault rifles?
They can kill more people in a shorter amount of time.Grappler 200  "I posted the father and the others who did nothing to stop this are negligent period end of story."Ram

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »