Hold on.......

Started by littleguy301, February 17, 2021, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I realize that AWA and Ben Askren is kind of the monster wrestling name in Wisconsin and is brought up alot on this forum.

I would like to point out that the AWA isnt the only club making a mark on the Wisconsin wrestling scene.

Look at what Crass has done, Skillings, Spaeth,  and Joles the 197 pounder are on the Gopher team and next year Blaine Brenner will be also. I hope all 4 remain with the team next year. Crass has some other guys on D2 rosters also. I have to ask if Buchanan ever step foot into a Crass trained building?

Victory started back up last year with Jens Lantz running the show and late last year there was a time he had around 10 current/former ranked high school kids in the room. He has a couple of high rolling programs from Minnesota in for workouts. Has there been any room in Wisconsin that had that many former or currently ranked guys in high school in a wrestling room in Wisconsin out side Victory? I dont think that was to shabby for a club that just got going late last year.

While Ben and the AWA is doing a great job for sure, there are other clubs like Nazar that are stepping the game up big time. Also the club I didnt mention not throwing shade at all but they are doing work and it shows.

With the talent level of the coaches that are in club rooms in Wisconsin I do think the talent will increase in the state!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

LittleGuy, I know that when Buchanan won state his junior year, it was mentioned that he did not attend any clubs. i think he may have went to Crass his senior year after they opened the facility in Loyal. I think he is a kid that didn't wrestle 10,000 matches before he hit high school and still had a high ceiling when he went to college, combined with hard work.

talktolee

I absolutely love what the Crass program does and brings...we have participated in some of his camps and I love what they provide...great in my opinion.

We have also had the pleasure of working with Nazar in the past and he is a great teacher and very well spoken.  Glad he is doing well in his post career pursuits!

bigG

I'm really impressed at the wide scope of wrestling opportunities in WI. I think that, if we're going to compete with the Minnesotas and Illinoiszs of this world, those clubs are our best hope. Great opportunities for improvement.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Gordy M

I remember Kevin Black had a lot of really good kids come out of his program not so long ago, all them guys are doing a heck of a job with all them boys, Thank You for that.

littleguy301

Quote from: Gordy M on February 23, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
I remember Kevin Black had a lot of really good kids come out of his program not so long ago, all them guys are doing a heck of a job with all them boys, Thank You for that.

Kevin shut down for a bit but now re opened with Jens lantz being the main coach and putting together a good staff.

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 23, 2021, 11:52:09 PM

Kevin shut down for a bit but now re opened with Jens lantz being the main coach and putting together a good staff.

Is Kevin Black the coach at River Falls?

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on February 24, 2021, 07:15:21 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on February 23, 2021, 11:52:09 PM

Is Kevin Black the coach at River Falls?

Yes he is that is why jens lantz isvrunning the show