Author Topic: Health officials suspect wrestling events may have sparked COVID-19 outbreak at  (Read 669 times)

Offline Narwhal

• Speak to Me

Offline TomM

• Administrator
  • Comfortably Numb
    • Wisconsin Wrestling Online
Genesee County COVID-19 vaccination rate rises to 12.6 percent, additional testing planned at LakeVille after outbreak
https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2021/02/genesee-county-covid-19-vaccination-rate-rises-to-126-percent-additional-testing-planned-at-lakeville-after-outbreak.html
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Offline Narwhal

• Speak to Me
Health officials suspect a COVID-19 outbreak at LakeVille High School linked to out-of-state fight events

OTISVILLE, Mich. (WJRT) – LakeVille high school has been closed since February 10, when 12 students and about five staff tested positive for COVID-19.

Nine days later, that number is 23 students and seven staff.

Health officials suspect the first cases were linked to two out-of-state wrestling events: one in Wisconsin in late January and the other in Ohio in early January. February.

“Regarding a team to be able to say that it went like a school team, no. They left individually with their families. Mike Lytle said. Lytle is the Superintendent of LakeVille Community Schools.

Lytle says 20 of the 23 students who tested positive were somehow associated with the wrestling program.

At first, the high school had scheduled its in-person reopening for February 22, but as cases increased, health officials feared it was a more contagious variant.

Working closely with the county health department, Lytle sent a letter to the families, extending the return date to March 1.

“Yes, this is a difficult situation we face, but it was a relatively easy decision to do the right thing based on health…

Check Additional From Source

https://www.bollyinside.com/news/fashion-lifestyle/health-officials-suspect-a-covid-19-outbreak-at-lakeville-high-school-linked-to-out-of-state-fight-events/

Everyone has always told me there is no problem at wrestling tournaments.

Offline imnofish

• Comfortably Numb
”As far as a team to be able to say it went as a school team, no. They went as individuals with their families.” Mike Lytle said. Lytle is the the Superintendent of LakeVille Community Schools.

I wonder whether the virus was contracted on the mat, in the stands, or elsewhere.  Were the wrestlers infected first, or parents? 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:41:19 AM by imnofish »
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Offline Narwhal

• Speak to Me
Health officials suspect LakeVille High School COVID-19 outbreak tied to out-of-state wrestling events

Says students and staff members tested positive. I'm sure all the parents and fans would get tested and report if they contracted anything, right? Or maybe there were no problems.

https://www.abc12.com/2021/02/20/health-officials-suspect-lakeville-high-school-covid-19-outbreak-tied-to-out-of-state-wrestling-events/

Wisconsin Wrestling Online