Minnesota vs Wisconsin 10AM Friday BTN Plus

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, February 11, 2021, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on February 14, 2021, 03:31:34 PM
One other thing, in regard to Gable/Hilger had they wrestled in the dual.....
" Hillger would lose to Gable but not get pinned"..........your statement.
Steveson pinned #6 Luffman in 24 seconds.  He was/is ranked higher than Hilger so a pin is the likely outcome here regardless.
The logic of an infant.  ::) So because McKee lost by major to Barnett the likely outcome is he will be majored by anybody ranked higher than #17 by your logic lol

Also Hillger has been pinned 1 time in his career(almost 100 matche). Luffman twice in this abbreviated season.  ::)

MNbadger

Your right, his 5-1 crushing over the Juggernaut Heyob shows he would have given Steveson all he wanted.......:)
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 14, 2021, 04:13:52 PM
Steveson pinned #6 Luffman in 24 seconds.  He was/is ranked higher than Hilger so a pin is the likely outcome here regardless.
The logic of an infant.  ::) So because McKee lost by major to Barnett the likely outcome is he will be majored by anybody ranked higher than #17 by your logic lol

Also Hillger has been pinned 1 time in his career(almost 100 matche). Luffman twice in this abbreviated season.  ::)
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

dman

Quote from: MNbadger on February 14, 2021, 05:11:25 PM
Your right, his 5-1 crushing over the Juggernaut Heyob shows he would have given Steveson all he wanted.......:)

And Sparks beat Robb so he surely could beat Wick....right?!?

Here is the difference here...63 is using past results and "data" and you sir are using pure emotion in your statements.

MNbadger

Well using past data........Last year Hilger beat his last opponent 15-1, this year 5-1.  Steveson is on another level this year so yes, his outcomes will be better as he has proven.
Quote from: dman on February 15, 2021, 08:32:21 AM

Here is the difference here...63 is using past results and "data" and you sir are using pure emotion in your statements.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

Handles II

Hate to say it again, but 63 is using badgers who aren't on the roster in his argument. Maybe we should put Howe and Tannelli in the argument too? Reality is MN is a considerable distance ahead of us as a dual team, and probably a tournament team. There's really no dispute.  I'd welcome being wrong on this.

wrastle63

Quote from: Handles II on February 15, 2021, 11:38:56 AM

Hate to say it again, but 63 is using badgers who aren't on the roster in his argument. Maybe we should put Howe and Tannelli in the argument too? Reality is MN is a considerable distance ahead of us as a dual team, and probably a tournament team. There's really no dispute.  I'd welcome being wrong on this.
Your wrong per usual. I didn't bring up Badgers who aren't on the roster Numbers brought it up and MNBadger said they wouldn't produce a 20 point swing. I stated IF Wick and Amos were wrestling this year it would.

MNbadger

125: #20 Eric Barnett (UW) maj. dec. #6 Patrick McKee (UM), 17-4 (UW 4, UM 0)
133: Boo Dryden (UM) dec. Kyle Burwick (UW), 5-2 (UW 4, UM 3)
141: Marcos Polanco (UM) dec. Dominic Demento (UW), 4-0 (UM 6, UW 4)     
149: Michael Blockhus (UM) dec. Drew Scharenbrock (UW), 13-8 (UM 9, UW 4)
157: #6 Brayton Lee (UM) dec. Garrett Model (UW), 11-7 (UM 12, UW 4)
165: #16 Andrew Sparks (UM) dec. Josh Otto (UW), 7-5 (UM 15, UW 4)
174: #19 Jared Krattiger (UW) dec. #15 Jake Allar (UM), 5-3 (UM 15, UW 7)
184: #11 Owen Webster (UM) dec, Tyler Dow (UW), 5-1 (UM 18, UW 7)
197: Garrett Joles (UM) dec. Andrew Salemme (UW), 9-4 (UM 21, UW 7)
HWT: #1 Gable Steveson (UM) pinned Pete Christensen (UW), 3:20 (UM 27, UW 7)
So, if Wick and Amos wrestled, show me the twenty point swing.  And that still would not give the Badgers the win would it?
They won two of ten bouts.  Two more would be 4 of ten bouts.  Neither are as likely to pin as Steveson would be(considering the level Steveson has grown to and Hilger looks as if he has gone backwards).
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 11:44:00 AM

Your wrong per usual. I didn't bring up Badgers who aren't on the roster Numbers brought it up and MNBadger said they wouldn't produce a 20 point swing. I stated IF Wick and Amos were wrestling this year it would.

Handles II

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 11:44:00 AM

Which they aren't. So there's zero point in throwing their names in the mix. That's the reality.

dman

MN is much better than the line up the Badgers sent out there...no one is disputing it nor denying it.  Not sure how that is not the perspective some of you Gopher fans are taking.  What is being disputed is that if the Badgers had those in their line-up who they should have...Wick and Amos and Hilger, the Badgers absolutely could have come close to making up the 20 pt difference.  Not to mention swing a couple of the close matches.  There is no biased there.  That is no off the deep end comment.  Any logical wrestling fan would say the same.  But to say Starks could beat Wick because he beat someone that hasn't even AA'd, yet alone he just barely beat Otto (no disrespect to Otto)...those are totally biased comments.  As for the Hilger/Steveson comments, Steveson is a once in a generational wrestler and Hilger hasn't had the greatest year, but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't have any problems putting $$ that Steveson DOESN'T pin Hilger.

I am not even the biggest Badger's fan, and I actually don't mind the Rodents (I hate the college football team, Ha!).  I absolutely despise Iowa, mostly because of the Brands, but I surely don't have a problem saying they are heads and shoulders above any other team right now (I don't think anyone will come close to them)...it is pretty impressive.  And I actually like Lee and he is probably one of my more favorite wrestlers to watch.  And speaking of Sparks of MN, I think he is good and will be VERY good...could see him winning a title before he is done (but NO WAY is he close to Wick this year).

Numbers

My point was IF Wick and Amos were on the roster that Bono would have put other wrestlers on the mat at 184 and Hwt as well.

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points
184 Weiler possible + 6 points
Hwt Hilger + 1 or 2 points

MN probably a slight favorite but Badgers are right there with MN.

dman

Quote from: Numbers on February 15, 2021, 02:32:45 PM
My point was IF Wick and Amos were on the roster that Bono would have put other wrestlers on the mat at 184 and Hwt as well.

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points

But the Badger's didn't put those guys out there so you are forbidden to bring them up!  ;)

wrastle63

Quote from: dman on February 15, 2021, 03:05:12 PM

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points

But the Badger's didn't put those guys out there so you are forbidden to bring them up!  ;)
Plus according to MNBadger Sparks would beat 3x All American Evan Wick anyways... even though he barely beat Josh Otto. Also Webster only beat Tyler Dow 5-1 and Dow is closer to a 165 than a 184, but yet he will beat a top 10 ranked Chris Weiler who beat him 9-3 last season. I would trust that opinion over any!  ::)

MNbadger

You are misquoting me.  Someone said Wick and Amos would produce a twenty point swing.  No way in my opinion.
Wick +6 or 7?!? Slightly possible
Amos +6? He has not wrestled yet
Weiler +6 nope(ifBono thought that he'd have put him out there and I assume he knows more than we do)
The more I think about it, the more sure I am that Gable pins Hilger in the dual(considering what Hilger has shown this year)
With them in, yes a closer match.  I never said otherwise.  But to think that ALL of your individual predictions happen on the same night in the same dual.....well...... incredibly unlikely.
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 03:16:33 PM

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points

Plus according to MNBadger Sparks would beat 3x All American Evan Wick anyways... even though he barely beat Josh Otto. Also Webster only beat Tyler Dow 5-1 and Dow is closer to a 165 than a 184, but yet he will beat a top 10 ranked Chris Weiler who beat him 9-3 last season. I would trust that opinion over any!  ::)

MNbadger

And I assume you are assuming that every time Barnett is going to beat McKee which history tells you is incorrect.  So if you assume all those other matches go one way........

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on February 15, 2021, 05:28:59 PM
You are misquoting me.  Someone said Wick and Amos would produce a twenty point swing.  No way in my opinion.
Wick +6 or 7?!? Slightly possible
Slightly possible that 3x All American and a guy who is qualified for Senior Nationals beats a true freshman? LOL at your wrestling knowledge
Amos +6? He has not wrestled yet
The guy who is 10-19 since his redshirt season is beating Braxton Amos who was a top 5 recruit in the entire nation and has already
Weiler +6 nope(ifBono thought that he'd have put him out there and I assume he knows more than we do)
Weiler beat him last year 9-3 lol
The more I think about it, the more sure I am that Gable pins Hilger in the dual(considering what Hilger has shown this year)
With them in, yes a closer match.  I never said otherwise.  But to think that ALL of your individual predictions happen on the same night in the same dual.....well...... incredibly unlikely.
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 03:16:33 PM

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points

No I don't assume Barnett majors McKee everytime because I actually understand wrestling and that things change. Barnett easily could have got a tech as well. But I'm done. This is like trying to explain something to a 2 year old.... that might be offensive to the 2 year old though.