Penn State Wrestling's Dual at Wisconsin Set for this Tuesday

Started by TomM, February 01, 2021, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 03, 2021, 08:24:24 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 02, 2021, 06:29:56 PM
Its very unfortunate I haven't seen the Nebraska dual yet.  I don't know how you classify wrestling someone tough, but getting taken down 4 times, not touching your opponents leg, snapping your opponent into your legs twice for takedowns, and in the end not scoring an offensive point.  Not sure I call that wrestling someone tough.  Across the board we had no offense.  Wasn't Christensen supposed to be a 197 pounder? 

Painful indeed! You have to look really deep to find much for positive takeaways in this one. Seemed like a complete 180 from the Nebraska dual.
Trying to take some positives!
- Burwick wrestle RBY really tough. RBY wasn't ever really in danger, but going into the match most people would have guessed bonus points.
- Krattiger wrestled two really good periods against Starrocci who some are saying is the next big star at PSU. Was disappointed he got rode out, but looked pretty good on his feet.
- Christensen wrestled Nevills tough to a 4-3 loss. He looks much improved since last year.
-  MOST IMPORTANT- GROWTH! Krattiger was 9-19 last year and even though it was in a loss he was super competitive against the #5 wrestler in the country. Christensen a guy who struggled last year at 197  wrestled #12 in the country to a 4-3 decision.