Wrightstown, WI
3 (8.8%)
Winneconne, WI
17 (50%)
other
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: February 06, 2021, 07:45:49 pm

Author Topic: Who wins Seymour Sectional  (Read 3095 times)

Offline thequad

• Us and Them
Who wins Seymour Sectional
« on: January 31, 2021, 07:45:49 pm »
Good luck guys!
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Offline Willie

• Speak to Me
Re: Who wins Seymour Sectional
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 07:52:06 pm »
How many posts does there need to be about this??

Offline littleguy301

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 08:08:21 pm »
Well the real winners are the kids that made this sectional!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Offline PH

• Speak to Me
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »
I'll take Luxemberg-Casco.  I feel that all 5 of their qualifiers will place top 3. 

Offline padre

• Brain Damage
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:24:33 am »
Wrestling nerd alert!!!

I seeded how I thought things may turn out in weight classes and then awarded teams the approximate points I thought they壇 score.

I feel I gave some of the Two Rivers regional teams pretty close to their maximum while those in another regional such as Winniconnee and Oconto Falls have points on the table they may be able to secure depending on how the day goes.

I知 sure this will be way off but your winner is......

1. Freedom    88 points
2. Winniconnee   84 points
3.  Luxemburg-casco  82 points
4.  Brillion   77 points
5.  Wrightstown 73 points
6.  Denmark 72 points
7.  Oconto Falls 67 points
8.  Two Rivers 56 points

While I知 not at all in favor how they are crowning sectional champions this year those in the stands and at home are going to be clicking refresh on the team score button all day long.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:26:42 am by padre »

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:24:33 am »

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 06:14:45 am »
Wrestling nerd alert!!!

I seeded how I thought things may turn out in weight classes and then awarded teams the approximate points I thought they壇 score.

I feel I gave some of the Two Rivers regional teams pretty close to their maximum while those in another regional such as Winniconnee and Oconto Falls have points on the table they may be able to secure depending on how the day goes.

1. Freedom    88 points
4.  Brillion   77 points
6.  Denmark 72 points
8.  Two Rivers 56 points

While I知 not at all in favor how they are crowning sectional champions this year those in the stands and at home are going to be clicking refresh on the team score button all day long.
I didn稚 go that far into analysis but I did vote Freedom as I think they get 3/4 to state and 1/2 3rd place. Wildcard is can Legrave go at hwt, if not that would pull in Galoff from Brillion and I can see them being neck and neck with Freedom.

Offline dr.mud

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 09:30:12 am »
I apologize if this is listed elsewhere on the forum, but will there be a livestream for the Seymour sectional? I知 dipping my toe in the water on the forum again after a several year hiatus when it had all turned to politics.

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 09:49:28 am »
I apologize if this is listed elsewhere on the forum, but will there be a livestream for the Seymour sectional? I知 dipping my toe in the water on the forum again after a several year hiatus when it had all turned to politics.
Seymour does run NFHS. $9.99 not sure how that will work with 3 mats. You can follow a few prominent wrestling clubs to see more action on FB but WIAA frowns upon that.

Offline thequad

• Us and Them
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 12:22:22 pm »
Seymour does run NFHS. $9.99 not sure how that will work with 3 mats. You can follow a few prominent wrestling clubs to see more action on FB but WIAA frowns upon that.
I hope this goes better than it did for the Two Rivers regional,  the coverage I got on that was absolutely terrible.  The cameras were way too far away from the mats,  I never knew what weights were wrestling, I could only see the score from one mat and I only got a portion of the matches that were wrestled.   
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 12:28:59 pm by thequad »

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 12:27:34 pm »
I hope this goes better than it did for the Two Rivers regional,  the coverage I got on that was absolutely terrible.  The cameras were way to far away from the mats,  I never knew what weights were wrestling, I could only see the score from one mat and I only got a portion of the matches that were wrestled.
Was there not sound? Mr. Bianchi announced every match, and often times play by play.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 12:27:34 pm »

Offline thequad

• Us and Them
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 12:47:48 pm »
I hope this goes better than it did for the Two Rivers regional,  the coverage I got on that was absolutely terrible.  The cameras were way to far away from the mats,  I never knew what weights were wrestling, I could only see the score from one mat and I only got a portion of the matches that were wrestled.
Was there not sound? Mr. Bianchi announced every match, and often times play by play.
No, I was on NFHS I didn't get any of that! Sure wish I knew where that was posted!

Offline thequad

• Us and Them
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 12:55:37 pm »
Wrestling nerd alert!!!

1. Freedom    88 points
4.  Brillion   77 points
6.  Denmark 72 points
8.  Two Rivers 56 points

I didn稚 go that far into analysis but I did vote Freedom as I think they get 3/4 to state and 1/2 3rd place. Wildcard is can Legrave go at hwt, if not that would pull in Galoff from Brillion and I can see them being neck and neck with Freedom.
Just for an example, OF only won 3 matches against LC!

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 01:10:25 pm »
No, I was on NFHS I didn't get any of that! Sure wish I knew where that was posted!
It was in the gym, normally when I use NFHS you can here the announcer.

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 01:20:08 pm »
I just brought up the NFHS and I can hear the announcer. Takedown on mat 2, still 0-0 on mat 1. Now on Mat 2 126 semifinal so and so from wherever vs the other guy .

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 01:20:08 pm »

Offline Ashfootball34

• Speak to Me
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 08:01:02 pm »
Also to note LC beat Freedom 44-20 and Wrightstown 29-25
Wrightstown beat Freedom 51-18
Freedom beat Winneconne 35-30

Seems scoring Sectionals to 6 th place works  :o