2020-2021

Started by Willie, January 24, 2021, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie

First of all a huge shoutout to the CWC for making a season happen. Of course it was an odd season, but we need to give credit where credit is due and recognize our conference wrestlers.
With that being said congrats to Shiocton for winning conference in dominating fashion. Their dual meets were: Rosholt 60-9
                         W-B.    51-21
                          Wega.  51-21
                          Amherst 48-24
This might be the most dominant season since the W-B season of 13-14. Too bad we didn't have a full dual season and tournament.

Now to recognize the individuals in the conference. The ranked wrestlers heading into regionals. Note that all conference wrestlers will come out of the same sectional besides Pittville.

120 #6 K. Klemm man, hm S. Flannery shi, hm L. Lagunes bon
126 #5 C Klemm man, #6 J. Helser shi, #9 P. Potrykus wb
132 #2 Bo N. rosh, hm Worzalla wb
138 #8 B. Griffin man, #9 J. Jahnke shi, #11 J. Toellner bon, hm B. Zoromski wb
145 #8 C. Dammann Pit, #12 T. Bogacz bon
152 #4 W. Esker wb, #7 M. Sokolski bon, #12 B. Demerath shi, hm M. Marquette wf
160 hm Blade N. rosh, hm Schuh shi
170 #3 M. Haas amh, #9 D. Helser shi, #12 D. Vigue bon, hm C. Moser man
182 #2 B. Strehlow wf, #9 T. Schelvan amh, #10 H. Schuh shi
195 #9 K. Bergksbakan bon, hm D. Larsen shi, hm S. Maynard wf
220 #4 D. Guaderman wb, hm V. Hoffman wf, hm I. Sanchez shi
285 #4 A. Elmhorst man, #10 S. Anday shi, hm D. Lockhart ab

ChargerDad

No doubt an odd year, and not the year that anyone hoped for, but there was some really good wrestling.  Really too bad there couldn't have been a conference tournament, but it will be fun to watch a pretty good group of CWC wrestlers in the postseason!!

tigerking

Willie, don't forget about how dominant that Weyauwega team was a few years ago that sent 5 to state I believe and Cian Fischer won state that year. Tough team. The Coleman, Bonduel, and Shiocton regional is going to be fun to watch. Plenty of weights with a ton of kids ranked.

How wild would the Amherst Regional be if Klemm, Mannel, and Niewiadomski are all at 126?

Going to be a fun couple weeks. I hope everyone stays safe and no one gets COVID.

Gizmo6

Quote from: tigerking on January 26, 2021, 08:10:17 AM
Willie, don't forget about how dominant that Weyauwega team was a few years ago that sent 5 to state I believe and Cian Fischer won state that year. Tough team. The Coleman, Bonduel, and Shiocton regional is going to be fun to watch. Plenty of weights with a ton of kids ranked.

How wild would the Amherst Regional be if Klemm, Mannel, and Niewiadomski are all at 126?

Going to be a fun couple weeks. I hope everyone stays safe and no one gets COVID.
The 2019 Wega team had the biggest margin of victory at a conference tournament ever as well as finishing 4th at state. Shiocton has a really nice team this year tho, no doubt! So happy for the kids to have a chance to finish their season the right way.