165: Patrick Spray (WIS) def. Elijah Davis (PUR), MD 11-0
184: Seth Vosters (WIS) def. Mitch Hutmacher (PUR), D 6-0
285: Peter Christensen (WIS) def. Dorian Keys (PUR), D 5-4
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

That's a HUGE win for Barnett! Where can we see that? I looked on Flo, and found the results, but not the video of the match.

And I'm lazy, so I didn't look that hard. If anyone knows...
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on January 25, 2021, 08:15:46 AM
That's a HUGE win for Barnett! Where can we see that? I looked on Flo, and found the results, but not the video of the match.

Badgers wrestling twitter has a clip of it I believe and the video was from BTN+. Barnett did  catch him, but it wasn't like he was getting beat up. He was clearly the aggressor on their feet the whole match. He also had great movement on the bottom.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 25, 2021, 08:18:22 AM

Badgers wrestling twitter has a clip of it I believe and the video was from BTN+. Barnett did  catch him, but it wasn't like he was getting beat up. He was clearly the aggressor on their feet the whole match. He also had great movement on the bottom.
100% correct. My son and I were commenting even before the pin that EB looked very good and was moving and wrestling much better than last weekend. Encouraging to think he may be able to be competitive with anyone in the weight class not named Spencer Lee. Was a little surprised on the takedown as well. They generally do not give that when the defensive wrestler has a chest wrap.

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on January 25, 2021, 09:17:57 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 25, 2021, 08:18:22 AM

100% correct. My son and I were commenting even before the pin that EB looked very good and was moving and wrestling much better than last weekend. Encouraging to think he may be able to be competitive with anyone in the weight class not named Spencer Lee. Was a little surprised on the takedown as well. They generally do not give that when the defensive wrestler has a chest wrap.
Yep. I wonder if it is a matchup thing with Schroder. Barnett lost to him 9-8 last year too in a super competitive match. Barnett was way more aggressive with his ties this weekend than last against OSU and Illinois. Overall the team looked that same way, more aggressive in almost every position. Maybe just a slow start last weekend?

T.Vieau

Ghetto you can watch the match on YouTube. That is where I was able to find it
https://youtu.be/zIxt3nGdL7w

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

tigerking

Love the way Kratty battled this dual. He looked tough. Scharenbrock has a ton of funk. He is fun to watch. Hilliger has to get more active and finish attacks. Could see Christian Lance giving him all he wants next weekend. Electric stuff from Barnett. Hopefully he can follow it up and beat Liam Cronin.

wrestlemania

Badgers won the 50-50 matches (Krattinger and Scharenbock) and got a huge upset pinfall from Barnett in a sport where upsets like that don't happen all that often. Hopefully this will be a big confidence boost for UW for the rest of the season and show it's not just a throwaway because Wick and Amos are redshirting because there's a lot which can be accomplish.

Arguably biggest win in Bono's tenure.

tigerking

Quote from: wrestlemania on January 27, 2021, 10:22:38 PM
Badgers won the 50-50 matches (Krattinger and Scharenbock) and got a huge upset pinfall from Barnett in a sport where upsets like that don't happen all that often. Hopefully this will be a big confidence boost for UW for the rest of the season and show it's not just a throwaway because Wick and Amos are redshirting because there's a lot which can be accomplish.

Arguably biggest win in Bono's tenure.

Didn't Wisconsin beat Nebraska last year at home? That was a bigger win IMO.