Burwick 29 (9)
Model 32 (11)
Wick 5 (2)
Kratt 24 (9)
Weiler 9 (5)
Hillger 5 (4)
Not ranked 41,49,97

Thoughts?
First one I had was "Are Wick and Hillger wrestling this year?
Add Amos and that is big for the Badgers
There is still a lot of work to be done in the room and recruiting for Wisconsin to where most on board would like to see it!

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on December 29, 2020, 05:23:43 PM
() is of the big ten
team T-21 (11)
Barnett 30 (11)
Burwick 29 (9)
Model 32 (11)
Wick 5 (2)
Kratt 24 (9)
Weiler 59 (5)
Hillger 5 (4)
Not ranked 41,49,97

Thoughts?
There is still a lot of work to be done in the room and recruiting for Wisconsin to where most on board would like to see it!
Weiler at 59 can't be right he was a bloodhound guy at NCAAs.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrastle63 on December 29, 2020, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on December 29, 2020, 05:23:43 PM
() is of the big ten
team T-21 (11)
Barnett 30 (11)
Burwick 29 (9)
Model 32 (11)
Wick 5 (2)
Kratt 24 (9)
Weiler 59 (5)
Hillger 5 (4)
Not ranked 41,49,97

Thoughts?
Weiler at 59 can't be right he was a bloodhound guy at NCAAs.

should be 9 (corrected)

Intermat got no love for the Badgers. Only Weiler at 12 and Trent at 5, no Wick, not place in Team tourney or duals

gwmiller44

I think it's about right, We don't have any real blue chips yet.
Really? Think, Wow!

BennyJammin

Wick isn't wrestling this year. Quite frankly, they don't look like they're going to be a very good team this year. Pretty sure Amos is taking a gap year as well. They'll be lucky to finish in the top 20.

wrastle63

Quote from: BennyJammin on January 10, 2021, 01:15:25 AM
Wick isn't wrestling this year. Quite frankly, they don't look like they're going to be a very good team this year. Pretty sure Amos is taking a gap year as well. They'll be lucky to finish in the top 20.
Wick, Hillger, and Weiler are the only proven AA type wrestlers. Without Wick I agree we are not likely to be top 20 currently, but we do have a lot of unproven talent on this team that could surprise. Will be a good year to let the guys get some experience and then next season go for it.

BennyJammin

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 10, 2021, 07:26:54 AM
Quote from: BennyJammin on January 10, 2021, 01:15:25 AM
Wick, Hillger, and Weiler are the only proven AA type wrestlers. Without Wick I agree we are not likely to be top 20 currently, but we do have a lot of unproven talent on this team that could surprise. Will be a good year to let the guys get some experience and then next season go for it.

Agreed. More guys will get more experience they may have not been able to get this year.

wrestlemania

There are only 24 wrestlers on the whole roster. There are small high schools in Wisconsin which have more in their wrestling room than that.

I hope everyone is right that this is just more a "get-more-experience-season" for younger wrestlers and talent and go all out next season with Wick and Amos because UW cannot compete long term unless it bring in a huge freshman class and or transfers for next season to get roster numbers at least up to 30. Any injuries this team takes pretty much dooms it. Imagine if Weiler wasn't on the team this season.