Finals: Cassius Clay vs. Zigzy Pietrzykowski
https://youtu.be/O8eqAve3sZw
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

His quickness was amazing!   Hands, head, and feet!  :o 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I always thought Clay was great. Well, if he weighed 272 against the 198 Pole, no surprise he thumped him. He was slick as heck.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 11, 2020, 03:22:21 PM
I always thought Clay was great. Well, if he weighed 272 against the 198 Pole, no surprise he thumped him. He was slick as heck.
Contrary to his public antics (undoubtedly designed to spur interest in the sport), he was also a very nice person.  A friend of mine was living and working in the Middle East, as a school administrator.  His youngest son had recently been born, when Ali somehow heard of my friend and decided to drop in for a surprise visit!  Imagine answering a knock on your door and seeing him standing there with a smile on his face!  He was invited in for a lengthy and casual visit, during which he was pictured holding the family's new baby.  According to my friend, he was very pleasant, friendly, and humble...   very down to earth.  I personally was shown the photo, so I know this actually happened. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!