WWF Kids Folkstyle State Championships will be held March 5-7th, 2021

Started by JeffJones, October 21, 2020, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffJones

The Wisconsin Wrestling Federation will be holding our Kids Folkstyle State Championships on March 5-7th, 2021 at the Woodside Sports Dome in Wisconsin Dells.

We will not be able to use the Alliant Center in Madison this year do to Covid restrictions. Hopefully we will be back in 2022.

Also we will not be holding the Qualifiers this year since most schools in the state where they are held are not allowing outside functions in their schools. So the state tournament will be an open tournament and will have to be planned around Covid restrictions to do it safely.

Further details will be announced in the near future

Jeff Jones
WWF State Tournament Director

DocWrestling

Go back to the old days of an open tournament with the "vertical pairing" format?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: DocWrestling on October 22, 2020, 04:50:21 PM
Go back to the old days of an open tournament with the "vertical pairing" format?

What is the vertical pairing format?

GradeTough

Quote from: DocWrestling on October 22, 2020, 04:50:21 PM
What does that mean, a "vertical pairing" format?

bigoil

Open bracket, 2 X elimination.

Vertical I assume doc means

——- 48 (example of 48 kids in a bracket)

1 vs 2, 3 vs4

Next round
1 vs 48, 2 vs 3, 4 vs 5

DocWrestling

When I was a youth wrestler the state tournament used vertical pairing brackets.  There was no folkstyle state tournament but the big tournament was freestyle and greco and I believe they were open tournaments with no regionals.  Same bracket format was used at all national tournaments.    USA wrestling went away from this type of bracket a few years ago but it was still used at Fargo until the past few years.

Go to trackwresting and search "2012 USAW Junior Freestyle Nationals" to see the bracket "vertical pairing" they used then as it was common for larger tournaments. 

With this format winners did not just wrestler winners or losers wrestling only losers.  You wrestled the next closest wrestler line that was still in the tournament often until you got to the final 3 and then it was a round robin but you never wrestled a guy twice
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!