GB ATL

Started by bigG, October 06, 2020, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Thought it wouldn't be too tough; but the Pack got 'er done. Seems whoever AR has, he'll turn into a star.

All the griping about no WR stud draft pick; I think the focus on solid O line is paying off better than any college stud receiver. ATL's O is decent, though, and our D stepped up.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

But we didn't draft an offensive lineman until the 6th round. Bakhtiari and Linsley are both going to be free agents next year. While the offense seems to be able to roll without a true number 2 WR now, we need weapons. Rodgers can make an average receiver great, I'm gonna guess alive will need some weapons when it's his turn.

Atlanta was without Julio Jones and Todd Gurley is a shadow of his former self.

This offense is rolling though.

4-0 baby!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Atlanta offense used to be really good but now their line is hurting and while Ridley is very good Jones is now aged and slowed a bit and I am not sure what is wrong with Gurley.

Once again I didn't watch the game but after looking at the stats it looked to be another track meet like game. Ryan had close to 300 hundred with a high completion rate. Atlanta looked to get some yards on the ground.

Green bay I believe has allowed 2 sacks and no turnovers in 4 games. Those are 2 monster numbers and that takes alot of pressure off the defense when there is no turnovers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

It did not feel like a track meet like game while watching. GB offense looked good. GB defense held the #6 offense to just 16 points. I believe ATL went 3 and out on their 1st and 2nd possesions of the game. A 4-0 team that still has plenty of room to improve.

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on October 08, 2020, 07:23:45 AM
It did not feel like a track meet like game while watching. GB offense looked good. GB defense held the #6 offense to just 16 points. I believe ATL went 3 and out on their 1st and 2nd possesions of the game. A 4-0 team that still has plenty of room to improve.

I felt the pace was more methodical than a track meet. ATL has aged in the stud department, for sure. Gurley is only as good as his line; and, right now, that ain't good. Julio played; but he's showing some rust , too. It was a tepid victory, but 4-0 doesn't lie.

Ghetto

I get that they wanted to get Julio Jones out there, but he wasn't ready to go. He was clearly still injured.

Todd Gurley hasn't been the same since he injured his knee a while back.

It's weird to say this, but Zadarius Smith had a very quiet 3 sack game. Usually when a guy is that productive, they pimp that performance on the broadcast big time.

Also, Billy Winn was pretty good at holding the middle. Maybe a nice back-up to Clark.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

I was impressed with Winn, too. Gurley may have lost a half step, but he's a ramrod up the middle, and Winn stepped up.

These games we win with second teamers are great. You chalk up a W, and your 2nd/3rd teamers get put into position to make plays, and they've been doing just that, making plays. When the studs come back, you have a nice rotation of fresh bodies to move in and out, with different skill sets. These wins are bigger than many think.

You're right , though, Julio wasn't anywhere near 100%; and that man has thumped us many many times.