Packers at New Orleans Week #3 2020

Started by TomM, September 25, 2020, 05:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Packers at New Orleans Week #3 2020
Two experienced QB's going head to head.. should be entertaining. Sunday night game!
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

MNbadger

I don't watch much football anymore but tonight I was watching the Packer game.   I know why I don't watch anymore......seriously?  What, six "tackles" in a row?  (On one play)These guys have played since they were kids.  Fundamental tackling skills are non- existent.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

O line carried us again. Can't get Clark back quickly enough; but no D can rely on just one guy.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Well I didn't watch again but just got done with my reading of the game.

Looked to be another shootout track meet and the packers won again. Darn near 120 points scored in 3 games. The packers will crush the NFL record for most points scored as a team if they keep this up!

Roger's got sacked once which is good. I hope they strive for zero ;D

Brees I am sure was dink and dunking passes so his completion % was high and hard to stop brees on the d and d stuff.

Looks like the packers didn't slow Kamara but maybe that was the plan also.

Overall as long as the defense comes up with big plays and Roger's and the offense keeps moving the ball it is going to be al right.

It would be nice to get another pass catching option.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Quote from: MNbadger on September 27, 2020, 09:43:01 PM
I don't watch much football anymore but tonight I was watching the Packer game.   I know why I don't watch anymore......seriously?  What, six "tackles" in a row?  (On one play)These guys have played since they were kids.  Fundamental tackling skills are non- existent.

The teams combine for 67 points with solid games from two guaranteed Hall of Famers and your only response is a poorly tackled play?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

Yep.  It seems like something they should be good at.
Quote from: Ghetto on September 28, 2020, 04:38:31 PM

The teams combine for 67 points with solid games from two guaranteed Hall of Famers and your only response is a poorly tackled play?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

Ghetto

Quote from: MNbadger on September 28, 2020, 08:53:34 PM

LOL.

Ok

Guys with the ball don't stand there waiting to be hit.

It's like saying that one should stop watching high level wrestling because someone didn't finish a takedown. It's something they should be good at.

MNbadger

In my opinion it is nothing like your wrestling analogy.  One run, six guys, none of which tried to tackle below the waist or make any attempt to gather the legs.
Quote from: Ghetto on September 28, 2020, 09:58:50 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on September 28, 2020, 08:53:34 PM

LOL.

Ok

Guys with the ball don't stand there waiting to be hit.

It's like saying that one should stop watching high level wrestling because someone didn't finish a takedown. It's something they should be good at.

bigG

That runner is a mega stud. Many teams have had six misses on him. Makes him a very valuable runner. Gale Sayers used to make a whole team whiff, sometimes without being touched.

MNbadger

I am aware of the talent of the runner.  My assumption that the defenders are fairly capable or they would not be on the field.  Not one of the six "tacklers" made an attempt to tackle below the waist (the basic they presumably have seen at the peewee level).  They were not "whiffing", they didn't even try to wrap up below the waist.
The proper wrestling comparison would be to the wrestler who has no leg attack......won't succeed at a high level.
Quote from: bigG on September 29, 2020, 07:16:04 AM
That runner is a mega stud. Many teams have had six misses on him. Makes him a very valuable runner. Gale Sayers used to make a whole team whiff, sometimes without being touched.

bigG

Yes, but a very good wrestler might shoot at Mark Hall's legs and frequently whiff or just get handled when he does. In the case of a Dake type, he wants you to try his defenses by shooting low, so he can turn you with a sweet counter offense of his own. Sometimes, you're better aiming high, especially when gang tackling. That guy gets into any space, and hand-on-jersey might be the best shot you get.

littleguy301

Quote from: MNbadger on September 29, 2020, 08:54:33 AM
I am aware of the talent of the runner.  My assumption that the defenders are fairly capable or they would not be on the field.  Not one of the six "tacklers" made an attempt to tackle below the waist (the basic they presumably have seen at the peewee level).  They were not "whiffing", they didn't even try to wrap up below the waist.
The proper wrestling comparison would be to the wrestler who has no leg attack......won't succeed at a high level.

Now some time ago I asked a college coach about tackling. Wasnt big time but coached college.

He agreed with the tackling at the legs but he told me that at a coaches clinic that some of other coaches actually did not want there kids getting that low due to having possible head and neck injuries. That those coaches mainly in the open field taught using the body to slow them up or push out of bounds. Using angles on attacking the body. Different leverage points. Those coaches in question also talked about his low level of head/neck injuries.

While I am not really sure of that it does have some sense to it. Like I said before I really dont watch the NFL so I not really sure.

Ghetto

Quote from: MNbadger on September 29, 2020, 08:54:33 AM

I count three guys trying to tackle below the waist, and Summers and Alexander trying to go high. Either way, it was poor tackling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoF-KR0HQM

littleguy301

I believe the basic skill level that guys like me grew up learning and playing in football are not the number one things in practice anymore. Watching film, changing formations seemed to be focused on alot more than when Played.

I right.    I left was about the most indeph I got ;D
The old VCR wasnt the best for films ;)

maggie

we need to go back to the drawing board and review the fundamentals of TACKLING !   :o because right now, we suck at it !  :'(   
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY