Started by TomM, September 13, 2020, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Can breathe a bit easier after yesterday, but not much.

Positives:
The offense looked good, and if MVS catches one of those two passes, the Packers could have put up 50.
Tyler Ervin gives them a nice wrinkle
Devante Adams
Both Aarons
Runyan came in and didn't get either Aaron killed
Rashan Gary may be figuring things out
Krys Barnes came out of nowhere and made plays

Negatives:
Lane Taylor is likely out for the season
Kenny Clark's injury leaves them with nothing if he's out for any amount of time
There was surprisingly little pass rush
The Packers didn't really stop the run. The Vikings did
MVS is still MVS
EQ St. Brown wasn't even active yesterday

1-0 Baby! Should win this week against a Lions team that rolled over against the Bears.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on September 14, 2020, 09:58:31 AM

1-0 Baby! Should win this week against a Lions team that rolled over against the Bears.

Don't forget that the Packers never led until the final buzzer in either one of their wins against the Lions last year.

littleguy301

Can breathe a bit easier after yesterday, but not much.

Positives:
The offense looked good, and if MVS catches one of those two passes, the Packers could have put up 50.
Tyler Ervin gives them a nice wrinkle
Devante Adams
Both Aarons
Runyan came in and didn't get either Aaron killed
Rashan Gary may be figuring things out
Krys Barnes came out of nowhere and made plays

Negatives:
Lane Taylor is likely out for the season
Kenny Clark's injury leaves them with nothing if he's out for any amount of time
There was surprisingly little pass rush
The Packers didn't really stop the run. The Vikings did
MVS is still MVS
EQ St. Brown wasn't even active yesterday

Didn't watch the game nor will probably watch any games but after reading up here is what I thought.

The packers are just going to have to score more points than the other team. The defense will need to come up with sacks and turnover when ever possible in hope that will slow down the other team.

The Vikings were in that game even though they had the ball for what 7 minutes in the first half.

I am all for 16 and 0 but I hope the packers invested in track shoes because in order to do that they need to win the track meet ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

despite the score, the Packers D was pretty impressive for most of the game.  7 pts first half. Pressured Cousins at will.

They picked up a lot of garbage yards/points in prevent Defense as well as after Kenny Clark went down.

dman

I agree...I think the defense did a pretty good job considering the Vikings offense is pretty darn good...they have a lot of weapons.  The score made the game seem closer than it was, in my opinion.

littleguy301

Like I said I didnt watch the game just read up on the stats after the game and came to my above thoughts in the post.

so....reading the up coming stats I came to this ending thought.

Packers had the ball for 41 minutes and 16 seconds with over 22 minutes in the first half

Vikings had the ball for 18 minutes and 34 seconds which is a all time low in the Vikings history

Packers ran 76 plays
Vikings ran 47 with about 40 in the second half

Packers average 6.8 yards per play
Vikings average 8.3 yards per play

Cousins complete 76% of his passes

so with the Packers controling the football for over 22 minutes in the first half the Vikings were in that game.

I personally think after looking at the stats the offense being on the field made the defense look really good.

not trying to be a debbie downer but I understand alot of the yards the Vikings had were in garbage time but still gave up some serious yards overall when you look at the stats.

I will add the most important stat that I look at, Rogers was sacked 0 times. at Rogers age I like seeing a 0 by that number!

Ghetto

I watched a different game than others.

The Vikings had the ball for 18 minutes in change, about 1/3 of the possible time. In that amount of time, Cousins had 259 yards passing. Dalvin Cook ran for 50 yards on 12 carries, and Kirk Cousins was able to run out of the pocket and averaged 8 yards per scramble.

The defense played ok in the first half, no doubt. No real big breakdowns, and Alexander likely tipped the game all on his own with his pick and safety. Other than that, it was ugly. The blueprint to beat the Packers should still be the same. Run, Run, Run and run some more until they stop you. The offense keeping the defense off the field was the reason we won. Kenny Clark being out means that once again Adrian Peterson is gonna run amok on the Packers.

That said, the Packers will put up 35+ again this week, and it looks like Kenny Golladay is out.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on September 18, 2020, 09:56:57 PM
I watched a different game than others.

The Vikings had the ball for 18 minutes in change, about 1/3 of the possible time. In that amount of time, Cousins had 259 yards passing. Dalvin Cook ran for 50 yards on 12 carries, and Kirk Cousins was able to run out of the pocket and averaged 8 yards per scramble.

The defense played ok in the first half, no doubt. No real big breakdowns, and Alexander likely tipped the game all on his own with his pick and safety. Other than that, it was ugly. The blueprint to beat the Packers should still be the same. Run, Run, Run and run some more until they stop you. The offense keeping the defense off the field was the reason we won. Kenny Clark being out means that once again Adrian Peterson is gonna run amok on the Packers.

That said, the Packers will put up 35+ again this week, and it looks like Kenny Golladay is out.

You watched, I read and I think we came up with the same run down.

Though I have to be honest when teams fill up the stat sheets it usually is a good gmae ;D

How many people remember the early 80's Lynn dickey lead era. Dang I still remember that Washington/green bay game!

maggie

Seeing is believing and I seen the whole enchilada  :)   may be the best showing I seen in a while    hope we stay hot !    Once again this week,  The packs getting points....GB + 4 1/2     :o   EASY GREEN !   :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on September 15, 2020, 09:04:38 AM

Don't forget that the Packers never led until the final buzzer in either one of their wins against the Lions last year.

Prior to that, they blanked us two years in a row.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

The Monday night Packers GE Redskins game was awesome. I snuck down and hid and listened to the TV (I had a radio in my room, which in retrospect would have been easier).

It didn't make the top 25 Monday night games of all time. Crazy.

Houndhead

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Houndhead