Askren resigns... Calls out Bono?

Started by head57, August 10, 2020, 10:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

Per his twitter... can't figure out how to post picture or link tweet.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

head57

" I resign effective immediately as the Head Coach of the Wisconsin RTC due to a lack of integrity and transperency by leadership"
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Numbers

Bono, Sean, or Barry A?

I assume it includes at least one of these. 

head57

Quote from: Numbers on August 10, 2020, 10:32:43 PM
Bono, Sean, or Barry A?

I assume it includes at least one of these.

Right. Barry seems to big and distant. Could be SS, I suppose. I'd guess otherwise, though.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

leg turk

mkm13

I find it interesting this happened shortly after everything happened with football, when Alverez said UW could lose $100 million if there were no season.  I cant imagine they will allow wrestling when they didnt football given their reasons and the money involved in football.

I have no clue, just given the timing it just seems like it could be somewhat related to that. I guess we will probably find out on FRL soon.

imwi

Very good summary.  Basically nothing

walden_hiker

Quote from: imwi on August 11, 2020, 09:06:04 AM

Either keep behind closed doors or provide an explanation. Throwing out accusations on integrity is a pretty big deal. When it comes to recruiting, families need to trust their children with the coaching staff.

vsmf2010

Quote from: walden_hiker on August 11, 2020, 09:21:24 AM
Quote from: imwi on August 11, 2020, 09:06:04 AM

Either keep behind closed doors or provide an explanation. Throwing out accusations on integrity is a pretty big deal. When it comes to recruiting, families need to trust their children with the coaching staff.

That is an excellent point. Accusations without facts/explanation is not the best way to handle a high profile separation. No matter how you slice it very disappointing.

On a side note, I saw the tweet when Matt McDonough "liked" it which is interesting.

npope

Gonna be a couple of interesting days on the forum, I can tell.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

hardcore3

Askren is BAD for Wisconsin wrestling.  Cares more about the bottom line of his wrestling school than what is better for the sport.  Sad that so many people worship someone who is clearly out for himself and not the betterment of the sport in this state.  If dude had any class, why would he out it out publicly?  Covid 19 has affected everybody Ben.  Grow up!

leg turk

Quote from: hardcore3 on August 11, 2020, 01:23:29 PM
Askren is BAD for Wisconsin wrestling.  Cares more about the bottom line of his wrestling school than what is better for the sport.  Sad that so many people worship someone who is clearly out for himself and not the betterment of the sport in this state.  If dude had any class, why would he out it out publicly?  Covid 19 has affected everybody Ben.  Grow up!

Nice 1st post.

imwi

Agree 100%.  A lot of effort to create an account to bad mouth someone

hardcore3

So your hero didnt bad mouth people with his post?  Keep following the rest of the sheep bro.

imwi

You really read alot in to my post.  I don't see the word hero at all and didn't agree or disagree with you just that it seemed like a lot to creat an account just to badmouth him. That's all.  Have a nice day, stay healthy