Luke's rankings on Flo

Started by benaskren, August 04, 2020, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman

Thanks for the highlights...bet it was super entertaining!  LOL

Numbers

This website will continue to have the best Wisconsin high school rankings.

The idea of releasing rankings in early August based on weights wrestled 5 months ago is a bit odd.

padre

Some people have wrestling on the brain all year long.  Don't think it's a bad thing.

While LL could be annoying at times no one can say he doesn't do his homework.

How'd he get totally banned?  While he wouldn't let go in an argument he brought some pretty impressive stats at times.

Helped with the Crossface rankings for two years...tough to do even in December.

wrastle63

Luke basically didn't have answers for Bens argument. Lol also Mallard it's pretty Dang simple end of season rankings are mainly based on the end of the season. I know that may be mind blowing info for you.... so 132 which is an incredibly easy one to fix LL ranked it 2. Willis 3. Cherba 4. Goebel. Willis didn't even make it to state(should be a red flag!) All 3 were in the same sectional. Cherba beat Willis head to head and then Willis lost to a guy who didn't make state who Goebel then beat by 6. Cherba and Willis took 3rd and 5th at state. LOL can't wait to see how many people join LL and his forum.

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 05, 2020, 01:22:05 PM
Luke basically didn't have answers for Bens argument. Lol also Mallard it's pretty Dang simple end of season rankings are mainly based on the end of the season. I know that may be mind blowing info for you.... so 132 which is an incredibly easy one to fix LL ranked it 2. Willis 3. Cherba 4. Goebel. Willis didn't even make it to state(should be a red flag!) All 3 were in the same sectional. Cherba beat Willis head to head and then Willis lost to a guy who didn't make state who Goebel then beat by 6. Cherba and Willis took 3rd and 5th at state. LOL can't wait to see how many people join LL and his forum.
He sent a tweet to Ben that he was right and switched 132 as he had it different in his spreadsheet.

npope

Well, the purpose was well-served - get some chatter and interest in the up coming season; a little dust up of opinions never hurts. Good for Luke and good for Ben.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Sudden Death

I'm sure most people would have Luke ranked higher, if they watched the matches they wrestled.  Not sure why the big deal is overall though...

leg turk

Anything to draw the National scene (Flo) to the Wisconsin brand is good.  We are lucky to have Ben there doing just that.

DarkKnight

It's good talk.

I'm glad I didnt see Luke's rankings, otherwise I'd be throwing in my two cents of where he is wrong.

Ben and Luke chatting is actually a good thing.

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

I kind of laughed at the rankings also on some. There is kids that have beaten kids ranked higher than them at several weights.

It is only rankings and awesome to hear some chatter on flo about Wisconsin wrestling for sure.

I will have to check out the pod cast for some entertainment  ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on August 06, 2020, 09:25:07 PM
I kind of laughed at the rankings also on some. There is kids that have beaten kids ranked higher than them at several weights.

It is only rankings and awesome to hear some chatter on flo about Wisconsin wrestling for sure.

You know it has to be possible for guys to be ranked higher than someone who beat them. It happens all the time because unless that guy is undefeated, you get into A beat B, B Beat C, C beat A. Then you go off the body of the rest of the work.

WI wrestling has a guy ranked ahead of my son that he pinned during team state but that kid placed higher. It is what it is, great discussion points. Love talking wrestling in August!!

Also, Pyles was hilarious. He cuts Ben off and goes this is just to Wisconsiny. I have no idea who you are talking about.

They basically got Ben back for bringing Dake on the show with Burroughs. So Luke is equal to Dake I guess - LOL.

If you have better rankings post them here or go find Luke on twitter.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigoil on August 07, 2020, 05:44:08 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on August 06, 2020, 09:25:07 PM

You know it has to be possible for guys to be ranked higher than someone who beat them. It happens all the time because unless that guy is undefeated, you get into A beat B, B Beat C, C beat A. Then you go off the body of the rest of the work.

WI wrestling has a guy ranked ahead of my son that he pinned during team state but that kid placed higher. It is what it is, great discussion points. Love talking wrestling in August!!

Also, Pyles was hilarious. He cuts Ben off and goes this is just to Wisconsiny. I have no idea who you are talking about.

They basically got Ben back for bringing Dake on the show with Burroughs. So Luke is equal to Dake I guess - LOL.

If you have better rankings post them here or go find Luke on twitter.
They got Ben real good...  ::) LL sounded foolish and they even brought up on the show all the people in the comments disagreeing with him. LL then changed his rankings because he was wrong.