Luke's rankings on Flo

Started by benaskren, August 04, 2020, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benaskren

Hey Luke one of my athletes brought the WI rankings on Flo to my attention.

They are terrible.  Your anti AWA bias is terrible.

Be better.

Thanks
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

leg turk

bigoil

Quote from: benaskren on August 04, 2020, 01:47:29 PM
Hey Luke one of my athletes brought the WI rankings on Flo to my attention.

They are terrible.  Your anti AWA bias is terrible.

Be better.

Thanks

Ben - find Luke on twitter. @giantballofoil  love the Seinfeld reference.

wrastle63

152 is humorous! Mulvaney(freshman) has head to head win with a pin over Mechler and he is ranked two spots lower. Even if you don't call it a long Mulvaney is still winning.

Numbers

Well when you have guys at 170 and 182 P4P that do not align with how the individual weight classes are ranked, it looks like LL is still in preseason form as well.

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 04, 2020, 04:08:24 PM
152 is humorous! Mulvaney(freshman) has head to head win with a pin over Mechler and he is ranked two spots lower. Even if you don't call it a long Mulvaney is still winning.
Mechler beat him 11-4 at the cheesehead. Mechler was winning 7-2 going into the 3rd period. Yes mulvaney took him to his back and pinned him and without the pin likely wins 8-7. Not hard to see why Mechler is higher.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigoil on August 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM
Mechler beat him 11-4 at the cheesehead. Mechler was winning 7-2 going into the 3rd period. Yes mulvaney took him to his back and pinned him and without the pin likely wins 8-7. Not hard to see why Mechler is higher.
Could you remind me how many periods are in a wrestling match? I thought it was 3 which is why Mechler didn't win. You can't just ignore that Mulvaney won and by pin(which is the whole goal of wrestling). 99% of the time head to head and most recent win matters most.

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 04, 2020, 06:26:23 PM
Quote from: bigoil on August 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM
Could you remind me how many periods are in a wrestling match? I thought it was 3 which is why Mechler didn't win. You can't just ignore that Mulvaney won and by pin(which is the whole goal of wrestling). 99% of the time head to head and most recent win matters most.
They split on the season, Mulvaney lost at Team State as well.

Scramble_king

This guy has been a joke on here for a couple years. He acts as if he really knows wrestling. Dude is so biased it's hard to even have an intelligent conversation with him.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Wis-Mallard

Ben you sound like Christian Pyles talking over Nomad on FRL. I'm glad to see some WI rankings on Flo. Gives us something to talk about for the upcoming season. Hopefully we have a season to see how these rankings play out on the mat.

dman

Would you listen to a guy like Ben Askren (won't mention the laundry list of accomplishments and things he has done for wrestling in this state) has to say about wrestling, or some anonymous guy on the internet named Luke...hmmmm??  ::) ::)

wrastle63

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on August 05, 2020, 06:33:54 AM
Ben you sound like Christian Pyles talking over Nomad on FRL. I'm glad to see some WI rankings on Flo. Gives us something to talk about for the upcoming season. Hopefully we have a season to see how these rankings play out on the mat.
The rankings aren't projections they are based off results from last season like head to head wins over guys who are within 1-2 spots. Appreciate having rankings that hit a more national brand(flowrestling), but a lot of them make little sense.

Wis-Mallard

I know they aren't predictions, and kids will certainly move weights. Rankings are never perfect. Post up your own rankings so we can see how "off" Luke was with his. IMO a slight in the rankings could be used to motivate a kid.

dman

Oh man I wish I subscribed...bet that is fun to listen to