Fishing Chippewa flowage area

Started by bigG, July 05, 2021, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I'm heading up in a little bit. Anyone have any action to report on up there. Lest year was my best year fishing in jack pine country.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MNbadger

I am up here now paddling on the Tigercat Flowage, Lake Owen, etc.  I have not heard anything of note.  I do know one fellow who is not here who is a hard core Muskie guy said it was too hot.  Hope you have good luck. 
Quote from: bigG on July 05, 2021, 09:11:32 PM
I'm heading up in a little bit. Anyone have any action to report on up there. Lest year was my best year fishing in jack pine country.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

Yes, it's been dang hot. Things are looking nice right now, though. I'm a hoping. Last year was magic. I love the Tigercat.

MNbadger

We were at the Blackiron Resort last week.  There were no Muskies listed on their board in July.  As I remember the last one listed was 6/39.
But who cares!  It's always great to be up north and on the water, eh?. 
Quote from: bigG on July 10, 2021, 02:26:29 AM
Yes, it's been dang hot. Things are looking nice right now, though. I'm a hoping. Last year was magic. I love the Tigercat.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

maggie

G how did ya do?   nice and hot !  :)  top water toward sundown is deadly!    ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

Quote from: MNbadger on July 06, 2021, 07:30:16 AM
I am up here now paddling on the Tigercat Flowage, Lake Owen, etc.  I have not heard anything of note.  I do know one fellow who is not here who is a hard core Muskie guy said it was too hot.  Hope you have good luck. 

MN, what's your review of Lake Owen and Tigercat? I've become more of a panfisherman than anything else. One of our pro-staffers turned me onto throwing micro-crankbaits for panfish. Sure is a fun way to fish.

imnofish

Water levels are some of the lowest I've seen up in that area, over the past 50+ years.  It has affected fishing for sure.  Muskies have been slow this year.  I had some nice ones on, when they attacked my wacky worm rigs, but I only got one up to the boat due to the lighter tackle I use for bass fishing.  I have caught some nice bass, though.  Lately, I had to go even smaller and lighter, switching to finesse rigs to get the nice largemouth and smallies...   and a few nice crappies.  I recently downsized my baits for muskies, too.  I was trolling deep-diving (walleye) crankbaits just outside the deep weed edges last week and caught a decent musky.  We really need some rain up there!  The usual patterns just aren't producing! 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

MNbadger

I have not really run into fisherman on Owen.  Whenever I ask fisherman on
The Tigercat they are catching bass.  The fellows I spoke with on Lost Land Lake were catching bass and crappies.
Quote from: Houndhead on July 23, 2021, 01:58:23 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on July 06, 2021, 07:30:16 AM

MN, what's your review of Lake Owen and Tigercat? I've become more of a panfisherman than anything else. One of our pro-staffers turned me onto throwing micro-crankbaits for panfish. Sure is a fun way to fish.

bigG

It was a bassy summer. Caught Walleye below the dam where I fish, though. 3 keepers the whole time. Uff. Proliferation of large mouths, though. Fun to catch. Easy beans for a ten yo kid to catch a 2.5-3 lb. largemouth. Try 'er again next year.