Division Maps

Started by yniets22, May 18, 2020, 06:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yniets22

With the 2021 Regional/Sectional Assignments coming out a few weeks ago and a lot of talk about unbalance regionals or sectionals I have decided to make these maps to better see the location of every team.   

Each sectional has its own icon and the regionals are a different colors inside the each sectional.

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Hopefully this can help understand why teams are placed together or help better find a way to split teams up.
Certain areas of the state have strong wrestling programs that make very competitive regionals and sectionals.

For the location I took whatever name was listed first on the assignments page on the Wiaa website. If anything is wrong let me know so i can correct it.

DocWrestling

This is interesting and I am sure that the WIAA does something similar. Thanks for taking the time.

What it does not show is the map if you were to take the top 16 or 32 teams in each division for the team tournament and eliminate regionals being the qualifier.

For D1, I think there were possibilities to separate Mukwonago and Stoughton.  I think this is the first year Wisconsin Rapids has been placed in that sectional with Madison schools.

For D2, It would be real easy to get Wrightstown and Freedom into other regionals.  If one sectional can go from New Holstein to Big Foot then I don't think it would take too much to swap a few schools to even out sectionals
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Lunatic Fringe

Link doesn't work for me.

I've thought about doing this.  So kudos to you for actually taking the time.

bigoil

Quote from: Lunatic Fringe on May 19, 2020, 10:34:16 AM
Link doesn't work for me.

I've thought about doing this.  So kudos to you for actually taking the time.
Works for me in Chrome and Explorer.