What are other things outside wrestling does people do?

Started by littleguy301, April 16, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: ckwrestler on September 10, 2020, 01:38:59 PM
Now that 2020 Marine Corps marathon has been cancelled, I'm training with a loftier goal for the 2021 race.  I think i can hit top 10.  Old-timer wrestling tourneys don't exist in FL and weren't all that common in WI when I lived there, so training for races is how i handle that desire to compete.  And during Covid, I can still train just as i would during non-pandemic times.

I started doing Spartan Races. I hate running, but I tell myself I'm just running to the next obstacle. It works for the first half mile or so.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on September 11, 2020, 10:27:51 AM
Now that 2020 Marine Corps marathon has been cancelled, I'm training with a loftier goal for the 2021 race.  I think i can hit top 10.  Old-timer wrestling tourneys don't exist in FL and weren't all that common in WI when I lived there, so training for races is how i handle that desire to compete.  And during Covid, I can still train just as i would during non-pandemic times.

I started doing Spartan Races. I hate running, but I tell myself I'm just running to the next obstacle. It works for the first half mile or so.  ;D
Try a marathon. It is a 2 mile run followed by 24 1 mile runs and quarter mile "sprint or crawl"

Ghetto

This body wasn't made for a marathon. Also, I simply cant play mind games with myself for that long.

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on September 11, 2020, 07:14:16 AM
Quote from: imnofish on September 10, 2020, 10:31:02 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on September 10, 2020, 07:23:00 AM
I saw a small bobcat friday morning right outside of Park Falls. What lake are you on Fish?

Quiet Lakes Chain (Lost Land, Teal, Teal River Flowage)  We are the headwaters for the Chippewa Flowage.

Not far from me. I usually go and ice fish on Moose Lake a couple times every winter.

What do you catch, walleyes?  Big numbers of them present, reportedly. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

That is awesome!

I just got tired thinking about a marathon ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on September 12, 2020, 04:56:59 PM
I saw a small bobcat friday morning right outside of Park Falls. What lake are you on Fish?

Quiet Lakes Chain (Lost Land, Teal, Teal River Flowage)  We are the headwaters for the Chippewa Flowage.

Not far from me. I usually go and ice fish on Moose Lake a couple times every winter.

Crappie.

Ghetto

Quote from: Houndhead on September 14, 2020, 07:30:20 AM

Crappie.

I feel the same about marathons. Crappie.

imnofish

Quote from: Ghetto on September 14, 2020, 09:52:24 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on September 14, 2020, 07:30:20 AM

Crappie.

I feel the same about marathons. Crappie.

Hahahaha!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I couldn't find my way in the dark the other night, and "thunk" I got wall eye.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on September 22, 2020, 08:46:41 AM

So you decided to com on here and carp about it?   ;D

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on September 24, 2020, 08:50:49 PM

sounds fishy
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

I knew you wouldn't give a crappie about my carpin'! Get off your perch, ya musky smellin' largemouth! I'm switchin' the channel, cat! That swai I can't hang here; you're all a grouper bullheads! I oughttilapia! Quit bein' a clown fish! You're no angel, fish! OMC! (Oh, my Cod!)

bigG

Quote from: TomM on September 24, 2020, 08:58:15 PM

sounds fishy

Smells it, too.

TomM

I purchased an insect net and have been collecting and mounting rare specimens. It's not easy, but very fulfilling. It's hardest at night as the rare moths are the fastest and tend to disintegrate while embalming is taking place.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

MNbadger

Interesting Tom!  Insects are a particular interest of mine as well.  I still have the collection I started in college (circa 1980). 
Quote from: TomM on September 25, 2020, 05:07:22 PM
I purchased an insect net and have been collecting and mounting rare specimens. It's not easy, but very fulfilling. It's hardest at night as the rare moths are the fastest and tend to disintegrate while embalming is taking place.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan