What are other things outside wrestling does people do?

Started by littleguy301, April 16, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

I am heading up to kayak on the Eau Claire Lake chain. I've never been on any part of that chain.  Where are you going to fish?
Quote from: bigG on July 15, 2020, 07:30:28 PM
I'm heading up that way on Saturday. South east of the Chippewa flowage. Can't wait to go fiskin'!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

I meet my Milwaukee folks for a week at a little resort on a cove called Fishtrap Cove. It's in a tiny lake (Fishtrap lake) but the fishing the past few years has been just great. Our group usually numbers around 30 and we have the best time.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Well sounds like most are getting some things done. It will come there fish ;D

I bought a new rc truck for just bashing. Thing is fun for sure but havent got it out in a few weeks due to working all these Saturdays. I have gotten some golf in with young Lad that isnt so little any more ;D

Zummer has gone by fast for aure!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

I have been out crappie fishing about once a week. My big thing the last couple of years has been cornhole or beanbag tournaments. I usually try to find a tournament every weekend.

MNbadger

Spent the weekend in the Drummond area kayaking, hiking, etc.  On Saturday morning I saw tons of deer, turkeys, and a bobcat along with a wolf (yes, a wolf) in the middle of the day between Drummond and Grand View.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

imnofish

Quote from: MNbadger on September 09, 2020, 01:16:59 PM
Spent the weekend in the Drummond area kayaking, hiking, etc.  On Saturday morning I saw tons of deer, turkeys, and a bobcat along with a wolf (yes, a wolf) in the middle of the day between Drummond and Grand View.

A few wolves have been seen here during the day on the Quiet Lakes Chain, this summer.  My brother and his wife saw one near their cabin.  Lots of deer and turkeys, as well as sand hill cranes!  Cool to see a bobcat; haven't had that experience for a decade or so.  Fishing has been very slow and the water level is very high.  Muskies are finally starting to show some aggressiveness, lately, but it's spotty.  Still love getting out on lake this time of year.  My wife enjoys taking slow boat rides and taking in the beautiful scenery.  Our little dog likes to come along and spend the whole trip sitting on her lap.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Hungus

Lots of fishing on Eagle lake in Ontario, the company I work for owns a lodge up there so we take customers year round (ice fishing included)
Sadly no trips this summer, stupid COVID

I also fancy my self as a cigar connoisseur, love spending time on my deck with a high life and a good stick, and the occasional trip to my local cigar lounge...Bad habit I know, but so stinking relaxing.

You're killing me Smalls!!!

Houndhead

I saw a small bobcat friday morning right outside of Park Falls. What lake are you on Fish?

bigG

Bobcats are all over heck it seems. Saw one across the road a few months ago. Wife saw it two weeks ago. I asked what the tail looked like. She said "what tail? it barely had one."
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MNbadger

I was not aware that they were that common.  The last time I had seen one was in high school in northern WI.

ckwrestler

Now that 2020 Marine Corps marathon has been cancelled, I'm training with a loftier goal for the 2021 race.  I think i can hit top 10.  Old-timer wrestling tourneys don't exist in FL and weren't all that common in WI when I lived there, so training for races is how i handle that desire to compete.  And during Covid, I can still train just as i would during non-pandemic times. 

littleguy301

I have heard from a few I have one living a half mile from me in a wooded area but a creek. Havent seen him yet but looking forward to. Havent seen a bobcat in a few years. I always thought they were kind of cool though not to cuddly  ;D

I thought I saw a snow shoe rabbit last winter. If it wasnt a snow shoe rabbit it was certainly was one fast rabbit ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on September 10, 2020, 07:23:00 AM
I saw a small bobcat friday morning right outside of Park Falls. What lake are you on Fish?

Quiet Lakes Chain (Lost Land, Teal, Teal River Flowage)  We are the headwaters for the Chippewa Flowage. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: MNbadger on September 09, 2020, 01:16:59 PM

Once went wolf howling with Wisconsin's first wolf biologist, up in that area.  We had wolf tracks in camp, overnight. 

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on September 10, 2020, 10:31:02 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on September 10, 2020, 07:23:00 AM

Quiet Lakes Chain (Lost Land, Teal, Teal River Flowage)  We are the headwaters for the Chippewa Flowage.

Not far from me. I usually go and ice fish on Moose Lake a couple times every winter.