What are other things outside wrestling does people do?

Started by littleguy301, April 16, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Now since there is no wrestling and basically nothing else in n the sports world to do. What are some things people are doing to stay busy?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MNbadger

Hiking every day with my wife after I am done teaching.  I will be kayaking as much as possible as soon as my finger heals(cut it badly a week ago installing a new range). 
I want to get into northern Wisconsin to do the same as soon as things loosen up.
I also like to practice archery (I am a recurve guy) but my club is not setting up the 3d course until the virus stuff settles down.  I'll shoot in the back yard until then. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

That sounds cool as heck mn!

I am looking forward to sitting on my mower but not to much. Yard work is all done and hopefully they lift the having a fire ban because I have a monster amount of wood to burn!

I am a remote control guy and I have my 2 running top notch and an eye out for another one for racing.

I also have a garage full of weights. My wife has officially had to move her car out of the garage. She was proud she held on for 20 years but knew her time was coming ;D it does help a sophomore out that cannt get into a school or gym to work out  ;D

bigG

I make wood. Usually 7ish full cords per year. I split by hand, which I love. Cut and split a full one last Sat. So, when I need to have a break from this computer, I go and buzz some up.

Been baking a lot. Homemade naan, papos secos rolls, Italian bread.

A recurve man. Love it.

Doing my share of hiking to wear off the bread and find the wood.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

I have so much time to work on my recent real estate purchase. Also finishing my basement.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

Started a tear drop trailer for my daughter.  I built a pretty basic one last summer......I have to make her's nice so it takes s bit more effort and detail.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

imnofish

I take hikes, do yard work, etc.  Also doing whatever I can to safely help out my 87 year old father, who still lives on his own. I need to get my boat and fishing gear ready.  I will initially fish lakes close to home, but I hope to get to my campsite up near Clam Lake, WI, if they open the campground.  I will probably skip the fishing opener this year, though.  I typically do much better about a week later, anyway.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

MNbadger, hows the trailor going?

fish, hows the fishing and helping out going with your dad?

BigG, well you still making wood, wife may have to back that up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D also you keeping thin with the hikes?

ghetto, your basement ready to be broken in with some cool refreshing beverages of someones choice? also how is the projects going on your other houses?

MNbadger

Trailer is done except for setting up an attached tarp.  She will take it on it's maiden trip this week some time.  I would post pics if I knew how.
I have been paddling almost every day since ice out.  I switched to teaching at our alternative high school right before the shutdown.  There was nothing happening before noon with them so my daily activities shifted greatly.
Going hiking shortly with my wife, shooting the bow (3D course) later today with one of my wrestlers.
What are you up to today LG?

littleguy301

Well I am just relaxing today. Probably run my rc truck a bit and maybe watch some wrestling clips of years past. Just a nice day to relax.

bigG

Quote from: littleguy301 on June 13, 2020, 09:50:06 AM
MNbadger, hows the trailor going?

fish, hows the fishing and helping out going with your dad?

BigG, well you still making wood, wife may have to back that up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D also you keeping thin with the hikes?

ghetto, your basement ready to be broken in with some cool refreshing beverages of someones choice? also how is the projects going on your other houses?

I try to balance thin and fat, and come out the chubby end. Bake bread, take walk, balance. During the late fall my bride and I stack all that wood under our leantu during Packer games.

Teardrop, eh? Love the idea. I bet it's a tougher project than it looks. Unlike your pooch, mine will not rest if not walked and played with daily. Going on 13.5 years and still needs that daily. I think hi favorite toy is the barn cat up the road. He loves that thing. Gets him running.

Your daughter big on camping and all that? Mine is coming home from a camping trip from W. Virginia tomorrow. She travels cheap.

imnofish

Sad to say that I have yet to wet a line this year.  My motor is waiting to be repaired, at the end of a very long list of unfortunate cases.  Until then, I'm doing yard work, stopping in to do things for Dad.  Occasionally visiting (with proper distancing, etc.) our kids and grandkids.  Also going on lots of walks with my dog.  My wife's disabilities keep her from joining us, unfortunately. I have been doing some cooking, helping my wife out with various projects, and just enjoying my time with her.  Sometimes, we go for long drives on back roads in our region, just to get a change of scenery.  When the motor is fixed, we are heading to our place up north.  My brother was recently up there and caught his first musky of the season...   a nice 45 incher!  Last year, I couldn't fish for the big ones, as I was rehabbing a bad shoulder injury, so I'm really pumped to get up there and catch on bigger than 45 inches.   ;D 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

LG! I'm good.

I've been super productive on the basement. Need to trim out the doors, windows and base. I'm waiting on a Menards rebate to come back for a lot of it. About half of the basement has been paid for on "free" money. I'm super cheap. If the rebate doesn't come soon I'll suck it up and pay the money. I am hoping to have all but the bathroom down there finished by the end of the month.

If you are down for sodas, it's not far to the bathroom on the first floor.

I'm also three episodes in on our Packer podcast. That's been a lot of fun.

Hope you are well.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

Great weekend..
Hung out near the Tigercat Flowage outside Hayward on Friday.  We stayed at the Blackiron Resort(great place to eat, too).
Paddled a canoe on the Bois Brule River from Stone's Bridge Landing to the Highway 2/Brule Landing.  Saw the Cedar Island stuff, Coolidge's summer Whitehouse, etc.  A beautiful section of river.  I have done the whitewater section too many times to count.  This earlier section is awesome.  I still have not done the run from Highway 13 to the mouth on Lake Superior.
Sunday I kayaked the whole of the Tigercat Flowage in the morning.
What is everyone else up to?

bigG

I'm heading up that way on Saturday. South east of the Chippewa flowage. Can't wait to go fiskin'!