Here goes nothing!

Started by littleguy301, March 19, 2020, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: TomM on March 19, 2020, 09:25:44 PM
Social distancing... i have spent the majority of my adult life preparing for this.

It is an art form!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

My dog took me for a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon.  It was like a ghost town.  No people.  No traffic.  It was very exciting.   ::) ::) ::)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 20, 2020, 11:10:46 PM
Quote from: TomM on March 19, 2020, 09:25:44 PM
Social distancing... i have spent the majority of my adult life preparing for this.
It is an art form!
Nothin' to it.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on March 19, 2020, 04:01:06 PM
I am a champion thumb twiddler.  Works great for my arthritis!   ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Seriously, can't wait for open water fishing to start!  In my boat, I can simultaneously have fun, shop for groceries, and practice social distancing!

Thumb wrestling! After this social distancing thing goes off maybe a challenge!  ;D  ;D

littleguy301

Got out and about today. Went to the dump, essiantal task since we still generate garbage and more of it while everyone is home! Had the son drive me around and outside the grocery store no one really out.

Now much of nothing again. Couple of movies on tonight and maybe a workout but I have basically nothing >:(

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 21, 2020, 02:48:17 PM

Seriously, can't wait for open water fishing to start!  In my boat, I can simultaneously have fun, shop for groceries, and practice social distancing!

Thumb wrestling! After this social distancing thing goes off maybe a challenge!  ;D  ;D

Given my arthritis, I would probably medical forfeit.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Well, you don't just go into it cold. Get that thumb in shape!! :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on March 22, 2020, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 21, 2020, 02:48:17 PM

Given my arthritis, I would probably medical forfeit.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

As I age, arthritis is something to behold. Hand stretches are huge ;D

littleguy301

I found a channel with Hogan hero's on it! I have something if only for a little bit ;D

Handles II

Been doing a fair amount of wood cutting, splitting (with a maul), stacking for an elderly guy who let's my boys bowhunt at his place. Re-started my jogging routine. Home auto repair is next. Teach my kids some basics. I've got new shocks and struts for my car waiting in the garage. Valve cover gaskets and rear main seal, and headliner for my 79 stepside truck.

littleguy301

Havent started with anything around the home. I actually am trying to hide from my family so I can do things ;D ;D

Taxes, house cleaning, fart fan in the bathroom, general up keep needs to be done!

Though my truck is cleaned to the hilt, garage is spotless and I mean better than alot of houses. Remote co trol trucks are in top notch shape and been running around ripping up things.

One can see where I put my effort into! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have watched alot of movies also, that has been done while I work in the garage with the TV on.

imnofish

My little dog Sophie takes me for long walks...   usually 45 minutes or so.  I don't know how she gets those short little legs to take so many steps, so quickly, for such a long time!  She's about 9 years old and still hasn't slowed down.  Wakes me up every morning and wants to play (me chasing her around the bed, then throughout the house) immediately!  The tough part is keeping her from her regular visits to the neighborhood daycare, since this social distancing started.  She misses the kids... 

TomM

imnofish

TomM

Nothing better than lower gasoline prices.
Found the Fleet Farm in Delavan was selling it at $.99/gallon.
Amazing, right? This is one essential trip I had to make.
But dang, my 35 gallon pickup truck tank was full of that 2.00+ petrol from a week or so ago.
Got the answer to that though.
That station is about 50 miles from me and at about 16.5 mpg, figured if I tool around the southern half of Wisconsin for about 570 miles before getting to the Fleet Farm in Delavan I could get a full tank of that fresh $.99 per gallon fuel.
I was in luck as i arrived after 8+ hours of driving around before stopping in there to fill 'er up and it was still sub 1.00/gallon.
Feels great to get a good deal.
Stay safe out there.