Are performance enhancing supplements like C4 ruining High School Wrestling?

Started by 21Headlocks, February 26, 2020, 07:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21Headlocks

Hungus

You're killing me Smalls!!!

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

SayHey42

C4 is also a pre-workout supplement. 10 football players from Menominee got suspended from using this a few years ago (they didn't know it had a banned supplement in it).

Keep in mind there are different version of C4 and not all are banned. C4 will make you jittery and an anxious feeling. I would invite my opponent to take 2 heaping scoops before our match.

First post... If Tom checks the posters IP address, I'm guessing it will match another user.

SayHey42

Quote from: marshman on February 27, 2020, 11:38:06 AM
Adderall is a problem also.

Here we go. You can't lump in prescribed medication into a problem. Want to go for a bike ride, wait, what time is it. What was I talking about. Oh yea, meds for ADHD.

I feel strongly that my kid has low testosterone and growth hormone deficiency. I'm still looking for a Doc who agrees.

bigG

Huge problem, often precipitated by parents who think their kid should self-dose when the kid isn't trustworthy to do that. Grr
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Scramble_king

Steroids and growth hormones are a lot more prevalent in high school wrestling than I think a lot of us would imagine. Why doesn't the WIAA follow suit with the NCAA and test the finalists at every weight class?

DocWrestling

Quote from: Scramble_king on February 27, 2020, 03:11:12 PM
Steroids and growth hormones are a lot more prevalent in high school wrestling than I think a lot of us would imagine. Why doesn't the WIAA follow suit with the NCAA and test the finalists at every weight class?

Huge expense!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

21Headlocks

Quote from: SayHey42 on February 27, 2020, 08:51:16 AM
C4 is also a pre-workout supplement. 10 football players from Menominee got suspended from using this a few years ago (they didn't know it had a banned supplement in it).

Keep in mind there are different version of C4 and not all are banned. C4 will make you jittery and an anxious feeling. I would invite my opponent to take 2 heaping scoops before our match.

First post... If Tom checks the posters IP address, I'm guessing it will match another user.

I think it is a fair question and far more prevalent than most would expect. I welcome you to check the address because it will not match to anyone else's account if you just think I'm trolling. These kids that are using these WIAA banned supplements should face repercussions. It is not healthy or safe for 15-18 year old kids to be taking these and you downplaying the issue at hand saying that it only makes you jittery or anxious is part of the problem.

marshman

Quote from: SayHey42 on February 27, 2020, 12:36:16 PM

Here we go. You can't lump in prescribed medication into a problem. Want to go for a bike ride, wait, what time is it. What was I talking about. Oh yea, meds for ADHD.

I feel strongly that my kid has low testosterone and growth hormone deficiency. I'm still looking for a Doc who agrees.

Because all prescribed medications are always taken as written and no one in the history of pharmaceuticals has abused a prescription drug. Adderall is a problem, your argument needs a little help as well

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Quote from: SayHey42 on February 27, 2020, 12:36:16 PM

You do a great job of stereotyping ADHD. Tee hee. Believe it or not many ADHD people do not exhibit the flightiness to which you allude. Having fun at the expense of those who have a real disorder to deal with. You know it all, don't you? I suppose you'd tell a paraplegic to just get up and walk, cuz you can do it. Right? Tell a stage 4 cancer patient it's in their head. Thanks for precipitating a major problem. Big help

Prescribed meds are a huge problem in schools and jails. No need to be ignorant and short-sighted about it. Think before you post.

Sorry to hear about your kid. Might be hereditary. I know where you can get some BGH that might help. Sounds like the kind of "doctorin'" yer into.

Prescribed medication is a much greater problem than any C4 will ever be. But, keep on thinkin' you know what you're talking about. We need more armchair mental health experts like yourself.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

whatever

Ironic that you call someone an armchair mental health expert yet you have no problem being the de facto armchair legal expert on here .......
"....the older I get, the better I was....."