Regionals

Started by littleguy301, February 09, 2020, 10:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

With the conference going to 3 regionals,  what is everyone's prediction for those regionals?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

shouldvewrestled

New Richmond:  They came to wrestle at conference and keep that momentum going they should be able to get a majority through their regional.

MBC Regional minus Ells, Pre and NR.  Should be a good one team race wise with Amery and BW.  Osceola and SCC will have a lot to say in that team outcome as well.  Somerset will have a good shot at getting a few on to sectionals too.

Ellsworth and Prescott @ Arcadia.  This one could be a nail-biter team wise.  First time in quite awhile where Ellsworth is the underdog.  Think this is the best format for them to maybe pull the upset though.  Prescott might play spoiler for one of the top teams and get a few "upsets." 

Wis-Mallard

It is a lot easier to make predictions when brackets are available. You know a few kids will switch weights and there will likely be some upsets. I'm too lazy to do all the research to make my picks. Little easier when sectional brackets are available for most of the week before the meet.

brewcrewbadger

I am really excited for that Arcadia regional!  Too bad I won't be there to root for my Cardinals and those Panthers.

Good luck to all the MBC kids this weekend!

brewcrewbadger

Does anyone know what happened to Ellsworth 182 pounder the past two weeks?

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: brewcrewbadger on February 15, 2020, 07:05:08 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Ellsworth 182 pounder the past two weeks?
Shoulder injury. Too bad for a senior who for sure could have helped the team part.

brewcrewbadger

Tough luck for a senior for sure.

brewcrewbadger

This is first year in how many years Ellsworth will not be wrestling in a team sectional?

CLC FAN

Ellsworth has been to Team State 14 straight years, so they've won Regionals since at least 2006.
That streak, by the way, is the longest in Wisconsin history.  Gotta tip your cap to the Panthers for such sustained excellence. 

brewcrewbadger

Crazy run by Ellsworth!

Good luck Baldwin-Woodville Tuesday night vs Gale-Ett.-Tremp./Melrose-Mind. first round of team sectional!

FinalWord

I want AG Barr to investigate the results from Arcadia.
Thanks alot O'Bama!

GET/MM is a great team. Worked hard to get where they are today.
I just wished the string could have lasted one or two more...
decades.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

brewcrewbadger

A shout out to Prescott's Joe Schulte.  Senior year ends with appendectomy 3 days before his last regional.  Great kid and teammate!  Sucks to end this way.

Low Single

That was really too bad hearing about Joe.  Great kid and tough way to end a senior year.  Best of luck in your future Joey!
60% of the time, it works every time!

littleguy301

Quote from: FinalWord on February 16, 2020, 05:28:56 PM
I want AG Barr to investigate the results from Arcadia.
Thanks alot O'Bama!

GET/MM is a great team. Worked hard to get where they are today.
I just wished the string could have lasted one or two more...
decades.

Blaming Obama for this one ;D

Incredible streak to say the least. Ellsworth will be back at some point though.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet