Wisconsin High School Girls Tournaments 2019-2020

Started by TomM, December 21, 2019, 10:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Are there others missing from this list?

Friday, December 6, 2019 Kimberly High School
Saturday, December 14, 2019 Waunakee Girls Tournament (51 girls entered)
Friday, December 20, 2019 Melrose Mindoro High School Girls Division
Friday, December 20, 2019 Wrightstown High School Bill Verbeten Classic
Saturday, December 21, 2019 Badger State Tournament sponsored by Stoughton High School (71 girls entered)
Saturday, December 28, 2019 Bi-State Classic Women`s Showcase La Crosse Civic Center Hosted by Holmen High School luljas@holmen.k12.wi.us
Saturday, January 11, 2019 Brookfield Central Lancer Invite
Saturday, January 18, 2020 Waukesha South
Saturday, January 25, 2020 Wisconsin Hig School Girls Championship - Wausau West
Saturday, February 1, 2019 Whitefish Bay High School
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

Saturday, January 18, 2020 Waukesha South - girls division Ken Heine Invitational. Adding a mat to accommodate the additional wrestlers and we plan on using the following 9 weight classes for the girls division: 102, 110, 119, 128, 138, 148, 165, 185, and 185+.
If you are interested in bringing your girls to our tournament, please contact Ryan Green at rmgreen@waukesha.k12.wi.us

TomM

Fifth Annual Wisconsin High School Girls Championship
Saturday, January 25, 2020
Wausau West High School
Tournament Director: Dallas Moe  dmoe@wausauschools.org (920) 639-0233
https://www.wiwrestling.com/wisconsin-wrestling-challenge-series-wwcs/

Note to clarify regarding Girls: All female wrestlers  (all 9, 10, 11, 12 graders) who wish to compete in the Wisconsin High School Girls Championship may directly enter the Wisconsin High School Girls Championship event in Wausau.
Email Wausau West Finals Tournament Director Dallas Moe (dmoe@wausauschools.org (920) 639-0233) the Name, School, and Weight of Girls that plan to compete in the Girls Championship event at Wausau West.
There will be a $10 entry fee for girls choosing to enter only the Wisconsin High School Girls Championship event in Wausau.
Girls may participate in a 'regular' Region events as well and a fee will apply for Region entry.
Girls placing in the top three at the Region must choose to enter the 'regular' final or 'girls' Championship event. A girl may only enter one event at the Finals, either the WWCS Final or Wisconsin High School Girls Championship. Notice of intention should be made to Wausau West tournament director by Tuesday following the Region competition, or as soon as it is known. Coaches must notify Wausau West WWCS Finals Tournament/Wisconsin High School Girls Championship Director the Name, School, and Weight of Girls who qualified, but will not compete in the Challenge Finals and are choosing the Wisconsin High School Girls Championship event at Wausau West.

Girls DO NOT have to enter a WWCS Region event to qualify for the Wisconsin High School Girls Championship event at Wausau West

TomM

Saturday, January 11, 2019
Brookfield Central Lancer Invite
Head Coach Chris Demos
demosc@elmbrookschools.org

TomM

Saturday, February 1, 2020
Stark Invite Girls Division at Whitefish Bay High School
Coach Dale Loebel
wfbwrestling@mac.com

downtown

Can someone explain why the wiaa isn't behind getting girls wrestling to be a recognized wiaa sport.  With 10 girls only tournaments offered that seems to me that would be enough for it to become a wiaa sport.  The only part of the state that doesn't offer a tournament is the far south west of the state.  Like the Platteville area.  But the Madison and Waunakee tournaments are really only an hour and a half drive from Platteville.  With many other states going to a girls only division why doesn't the wiaa follow suit?  Same coaches that coach the boys, same mats, same buses to travel to tournaments.  The cost seems very minimal.  I know the coaches association has been talking about it for years.  The numbers seem to keep growing I believe, so what is the hang up?

I have no skin in this game but when I go to tournaments I can see it is a viable sport.  I would think that girls wrestling would be far more popular than girls hockey and a lot easier logistically for the wiaa, and a lot cheaper for the schools.