well........

Started by littleguy301, November 11, 2019, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

lets hear what anyone thinks about the up coming season.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Skates

There should be a lot more parity this season and that means some great duals!

shouldvewrestled

Not feeling like going through all the track records for each team this year.  Quick thoughts I feel this might be the year the streak ends for Ellsworth in the duals.  Might even happen Thursday as they travel to BW who looks to be strong again this year.  Amery will have a strong group returning and will be a major player in the conference race this year.  Osceola should be strong too if healthy from my memory.  My cardinals from Prescott are having some numbers issues but will have a few strong individuals this year.  Same for Somerset I feel.  NR and SCC not sure about depth either.

Should be another fun year in the MBC.  Prediction...

1. BW
2. Amery
3. Ellsworth
4. Osceola
5. NR
6. SCC
7. Prescott
8. Somerset

Hometown fan in me hopes I'm wrong.

FinalWord

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 02, 2019, 12:27:38 PM
Not feeling like going through all the track records for each team this year.  Quick thoughts I feel this might be the year the streak ends for Ellsworth in the duals.  Might even happen Thursday as they travel to BW who looks to be strong again this year.  Amery will have a strong group returning and will be a major player in the conference race this year.  Osceola should be strong too if healthy from my memory.  My cardinals from Prescott are having some numbers issues but will have a few strong individuals this year.  Same for Somerset I feel.  NR and SCC not sure about depth either.

1. BW
2. Amery
3. Ellsworth
4. Osceola
5. NR
6. SCC
7. Prescott
8. Somerset

Blasphemy! Malarkey! Cruel humor!
Those picks are so far off........ well maybe pretty close at that.😫
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

pantherphotoman

I agree with shouldvewrestled, except I would move Ellsworth up two places. So, I guess I disagree.  ;D

The Last Ride

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 02, 2019, 12:27:38 PM

1. BW
2. Amery
3. Ellsworth
4. Osceola
5. NR
6. SCC
7. Prescott
8. Somerset

Stirring the pot I see shouldve...... :o :o
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

shouldvewrestled

shouldvewrestled

Not truly trying to stir the pot fully. Hopefully letting people know BW has one of their better teams of late got some more people there to watch. It was a good dual for the area wrestling.  I do think BW and Amery will be tough to beat come Conference Tournament time given the individual format.  From the little we have seen of teams this year I think Ellsworth has a decent dual team.  Not as strong as say the past 10-15 years but still more evenly balanced to give teams a tough dual.  Not as many "hammers" to score big points in an individual format.  Will see how they fair this weekend at ECN.  They'll be up there towards the top (hopefully the top as a hometown fan) but they will be pushed by a few teams there, one of which is BW.  Many backside matches will be where it is decided which could be luck of the draw or seeding.

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on December 05, 2019, 09:27:28 PM
I agree with shouldvewrestled, except I would move Ellsworth up two places. So, I guess I disagree.  ;D

;D ;D your right again there photo guy!!!!!

littleguy301

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 11, 2019, 01:49:18 PM
Not truly trying to stir the pot fully. Hopefully letting people know BW has one of their better teams of late got some more people there to watch. It was a good dual for the area wrestling.  I do think BW and Amery will be tough to beat come Conference Tournament time given the individual format.  From the little we have seen of teams this year I think Ellsworth has a decent dual team.  Not as strong as say the past 10-15 years but still more evenly balanced to give teams a tough dual.  Not as many "hammers" to score big points in an individual format.  Will see how they fair this weekend at ECN.  They'll be up there towards the top (hopefully the top as a hometown fan) but they will be pushed by a few teams there, one of which is BW.  Many backside matches will be where it is decided which could be luck of the draw or seeding.

Ellsworth looked just fine at the ECN meet.

the big thing is getting the kids the first round wins and points will be plentifull which it looks as Ellsworth did.

BW was some points behind though BW lost 2 kids to injuries at some point which hurts but no excuse ellsworth came and kicked but.

I do think Ellsworth lost a kid after the first round due to injury also, so I need to quite whinning then ;D ;D ;D