Braxton Amos is a Badger!!!

Started by head57, September 13, 2019, 05:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

leg turk

:o Holy buckets!!!! Congrats to coaches, Braxton, and Wisconsin!!

BuckyMatt

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

onwisconsin

Absolutely awesome.   Congrats Braxton.  Congrats to Coach Bono, Reader, and McDonough.   Let's pack the Fieldhouse!

npope

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

hammen

mkm13

Huge for the program! Christensen seemed excited with the commit on twitter, so I have to assume Christensen will be able to get down to 184, for a year anyway until Hillger is graduated. 

We need depth at all weights. I think it is likely Guttridge still comes. He is not a real high end recruit and probably is not being given a big scholarship.

Now to get 1 or 2 high end 149 to 165 guys to go with Amos.  Hoping we can pull of Zargo and/or Ulrey.  Not sure what the scholarship situation looks like.

thesweep

Huge, awesome, great, the best, bigly news!!!!

Quote from: Luke Louison on September 14, 2019, 08:12:45 AM

I will say this. Penn State doesn't pick and choose guys for specific weights and wring their hands about it. They stuff the lineup with talent and let the wrestling sort it out. If that's where we're headed, I couldn't be more excited about what's to come!

Penn State has a winning formula.  There is more to it than just this (as I'm sure you're aware), but getting the best talent no matter where they fall is an important part of the puzzle.

I wouldn't be too worried about Christensen making 184. These teams have great nutritionists and have a year to get him down to 184 if that is the plan. I was a coach for years and it is amazing what fans and parents think in regards to an athlete's body fat. They almost always carry more weight than speculated and that includes the elite guys. I think we need to trust our team's coach and the process.

dad 2 5

mkm13

video of Christensen vs Amos last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o47_OfASDW0

having both in the room together, I assume they will be able to push each other hard.  It will be interesting to see how the weights play out as Christensen appears to be big.

leg turk

One has to wonder how much scholarship money is left after this blue chip pick up?  I hope we can land more.