$30k in 30 Days!

Started by WRTCSean, May 10, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Do you question the Girl Scout when you buy two boxes of cookies? Do you ask that kid selling cookie dough where the proceeds go?

It takes money to train. We can't expect a high level athlete to come to Madison and live on $0, they have rent, food, etc.

Ask Sean, Ben or Chris and they will give you the plan.

TomM

littleguy,
So you're saying I have to come up there and pound some sense into you... Well, so be it. 8)
You're just in depression since Jim Fowler passed away.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jim-fowler-longtime-host-wild-kingdom-dead-89
Actually, I think you're just upset that the highway season is starting pretty soon....
You shouldn't be sniffing that quick set cement out in back of the shed.
😎
Now put down the Quick Crete and get back on the bandwagon, fast.... or else.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on May 12, 2019, 06:12:24 PM
Do you question the Girl Scout when you buy two boxes of cookies? Do you ask that kid selling cookie dough where the proceeds go?

It takes money to train. We can't expect a high level athlete to come to Madison and live on $0, they have rent, food, etc.

Ask Sean, Ben or Chris and they will give you the plan.

I certainly do ask where the money goes to those youngsters that ask. I get asked for cookies alot and so does my wife. Standard question from both of us. The ones that answer that question gets my money if not no dough.

Maybe I am different, i get asked all the time for donations and while I would love to give to everyone I sadly cannt due to my own house hold commitment to the wonderful world of wrestling.

I think on this forum questions have been asked though I got on the mailing list to hear more.

I think the rtc will get alot better.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: TomM on May 12, 2019, 06:32:00 PM
littleguy,
So you're saying I have to come up there and pound some sense into you... Well, so be it. 8)
You're just in depression since Jim Fowler passed away.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jim-fowler-longtime-host-wild-kingdom-dead-89
Actually, I think you're just upset that the highway season is starting pretty soon....
You shouldn't be sniffing that quick set cement out in back of the shed.
😎
Now put down the Quick Crete and get back on the bandwagon, fast.... or else.

you are right, been kind of edgy  since I got back to work a few weeks ago. I was sniffing that quick set cement last Friday, still smells the same. To be honest Tom, kind of jealous of you. I kind of want to be retired but at my age they call it quitting.

Tom, you realize those bags are 80 plus pounds, they go down real quick at my age. Lifting them up is the real problem in this whole argument.

I have to say Tom, on the first dual I bailed out of work at 1 PM to get to Madison. Got home at 2 am , did my paper work and was back on the job at 6 thirty in the morning. I think that looks like a guy trying to step on the band wagon, doesnt it!

littleguy301

I just received via text from some one close to the program that Ben spent alot of time I. the room wrestling with hilger.  Ben also worked with others.

I have no problem with Ben in there. I think it is a good question to ask. Ben is a very busy man and with everything he is involved with how he gives all that time is incredible to say the least. Heck he was at freestyle and Greco state on Satuarday and in New York on Sunday. Impressive.

Numbers

Nothing to stress about guys.

For those that want to wait for the news before donating, your contribution will still be welcome in three weeks!

Go Badgers!

scoots12000

Quote from: Jimmy on May 12, 2019, 12:59:14 PM
2600 + are interested in the brtc, lets say 250 have donated( this is just a guess) but the word hmmmmmm comes to mind. Why the low percentage buying in? In today's day and age of all the people on high alert do to the scamming industry running wild information needs to be forthright, upfront, readily available and accurate.this also includes accounting of monies spent.I believe the brtc was in bad bad shape from the previous leadership and will take time. I have been involved in various boards over the last 35 yrs. times have changed over that period. This is the age of information, like it or not.
Jimmy - I am on the Board at the RTC, and have been involved with boards for 20 plus years.  I can tell you first hand Im probably the stingiest person when it comes to "other peoples money".  There has been NOTHING BUT TRANSPARENCY since this new staff at the RTC took over, and the new coaching staff at UW as well.  Sean has done nothing but answer peoples questions, Coach Bono is a walking example of honesty in every aspect of his life.  Ben has done things for this RTC that would make everyone respect him more than they already do.  For you to imply that there could be a hint of impropriety......frankly really pisses me off.  If you don't donate to the RTC, fine.  So be it.  If you need to stomp your feet and hold your breath like a school aged child to get your way and some information, fine.  Keep holding it.  The information will come when the Director of the RTC deems it appropriate.  Believe it or not he has done a very successful job thus far, and the plan that the coaching staff and Sean have formulated to keep people informed about this upcoming year will go as they see fit.  Not the way a "keyboard warrior" wishes it to go.  By the way your guess of 250 is very high......Its always the same people giving, the same people rolling up their sleeves, and the same people complaining.......
  For the people who give and have given, a sincere Thank You.  For the people who continually roll up their sleeves and help this RTC a sincere Thank you.  This will be an amazing few weeks of updates and announcements.  I hope that you will be as excited as I am, and see that all of your commitments (financially, physically, and for some of you emotionally) will be worth the wait.

Jim Scott

Jimmy

I never accused anyone of improprieties in any way nor would I. I have no information about the club as far as it's inside goings on. A couple posters asked a couple simple questions and where responded to with a feeble attempt of humor. IMO as I said in my original post maybe a few answers or saying nothing at all would be a better way to get donations. Mr. Scott if something as simple as that makes you all mad maybe public service is not for you.

wrastle63

I understand raising the money, but right now we don't have any athletes. A lot of people are going to have a hard time giving money for no athletes. The kids coming back to coach is awesome to have Jens and Jared(maybe more) coming back will be helpful.

Also it is hard to get people to switch their training environment right before World Team Trials. So hopefully after that we are able to get a few guys in to help.

TomM

I apologize for my attempt at humor. Littleguy and I go back a ways and many may not know that.

Let's hit the 'RESET' button and consider patience as a new route for the near future.

Sincerely,
Tom

bigoil

I pledged to the $30K in 30 days. Who is with me?

TomM

Quote from: bigoil on May 13, 2019, 09:07:00 AM

Ghetto

I don't think it is wrong to question where your money goes. It IS your money at the end of the day. You have a right to know.

My issue is that there are/were (and I was definitely one of them) many that complained about the state of the Badger wrestling program. I would not have given a nickel to the previous head coach nor would I have given to the RTC at that time. It felt like money wasted, even if I would have known where every penny of it was going.

Maybe I am drinking the red Kool-Aid. Maybe because I was a fan of Bono before he became head coach that I just simply believe in where the program is headed. I don't give a ton. I'm not pretending that I do. Every bit counts. If we had half of the people on the list giving $10 a month, the BRTC is in good shape. That's my point. Every dollar matters.

Again, when we get to 50 donors, I'll double mine. My son will have to focus on going to a community college and not Harvard, but he'll live.  ;)
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: TomM on May 13, 2019, 08:35:09 AM
I apologize for my attempt at humor. Littleguy and I go back a ways and many may not know that.

Let's hit the 'RESET' button and consider patience as a new route for the near future.

Sincerely,
Tom

Actually Tom you were spot on at describing my work. Dang your still real quick for your age  ;D ;D

On Wisconsin and I have to agree with ghettos last post. I maybe drinking some kool aid for the same reasons as ghetto stated!

Jimmy

Tom,I was not posting about your humorous post directed at the little guy.that was good stuff! ;D