$30k in 30 Days!

Started by WRTCSean, May 10, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

The Badger Regional Training Center is rolling and we need your help in the next 30 days to get where we need to go!

$30K in 30 Days. That's the Challenge.

Help us grow this elite training culture with top athletes and coaches from around the nation and world.

Click this link to help us reach the goal: http://bit.ly/2PO9G0f

Ends Monday, June 8th, 2019

Badger RTC is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization

*Monthly recurring donations will receive qualifying Legends Club gear.
*Checks can also be mailed to the address below.

Badger Regional Training Center
PO Box 5583
Madison, WI 53705

mkm13

Do you have an official update on who is at the BRTC? I assume the 3 women who wrestled today, Askren as the coach, and the Lantz Facebook post also says he will be helping as a coach? Anyone else?

WRTCSean

You are going to have to pay attention to the BRTC e-mails over the next 30 days to find the answer to your question  ;D

dad 2 5

Help me understand the graduation line from the post on Wisconsin Wrestling "plan on coaching with the UW RTC" on several of the guys. Not competing but coaching? Who will they be coaching? IS there an athletes with the Wisconsin RTC?

mkm13

The RTC has practices where the badger wrestler, women,  and a lot of high school wrestlers attend.  If nothing else, they would be there to help coach those that attend the practices.

Jimmy

Get real brtcsean! Transparency is the name in today's world. Your on here begging for people to blindly give money with no results or information. Mkm13 asked a couple simple questions. Your response was to read his emails, to my understanding you don't get brtc emails till you donate? Communication and some hard rock solid info will open people's wallets a lot easier and wider! jmho

WRTCSean

I feel that we've been very transparent since day 1. In fact, if you've been to any of our fundraisers, we've given updates on the RTC.

On multiple posts on this forum, I've provided my e-mail and phone number to be reached to discuss the RTC. I have not heard from anyone when I've done this, so again, I'll post them below for anyone to openly reach out to me.

You do not have to be a donor to get an e-mail from the RTC. We currently have 2,600+ email addresses that receive e-mails. I can also tell you that we do not have anywhere close to that number of people currently donating or having made a donation.

As for our athletes, I was hoping that MKM would have found a little humor in my response as we try to build excitement and anticipation around the announcing of athletes. Due to numerous different reasons, we will be making these announcements over the next 30 days.

Again, feel free to reach out via phone or by e-mail.

sean@badgerrtc.org
Cell: 712-540-1810

If you want to sign-up for the e-mail list you can e-mail me or you can sign up on our website (https://www.badgerrtc.org/contact)

BuckyMatt

Jimmy, I see your point, it can be hard to blindly give money when there is not (yet) an actual athlete.  However, there are other great tangible items associated with the program despite not having athletes.  Most importantly is Ben Askren as a coach.  Even without an athlete, merely having him as the head coach, rolling around with the college guys and bringing attention to Wisconsin (as THE biggest name in MMA), is a huge huge bonus.   Also, I think the communication (both on this forum), in Jump Around Mondays, inviting high school and college athletes to train at BRTC practices, and in person when you communicating with them, has been better than in years past!   

I also think it is important to understand why there are no athletes as of yet.  From my limited understanding, with the coaching change, all the then athletes (Nazer, Evan Henderson, etc), decided to leave).  Athletes are expensive (which is why they need $30,000  :) ) and rather than spending money to merely spend money and have "a body", they decided to save their money, get the process's and systems down, and start the 2019/2020 season ready to rock and roll.  I respect and support this decision because I believe the future is very very very bright for Wisconsin wrestling and can't wait!

On Wisconsin!!

mkm13

Jimmy - I agree that the more you know about who is there or which athletes you are giving toward, it would likely make giving donations easier.  I also understand why announcements have to wait and having official announcements makes sense compared to a message board post. I look forward to the emails soon.

Having said that, I also think Sean has done a good job.  We now have Askren as a coach, and Sean has done a lot here over the last year to try to generate money.  Unfortunately, money has not been flying in yet, but there is progress.  With more success on the mat (hopefully Gross comes and will speed up that process), I think donations will also increase.

When the coaching change happened, I believe the BRTC funding was in terrible shape.  I think what they did made sense in an effort to bring in guys that are the right fit in what they are looking for.  Athletes cost money, and we didnt have much.

I think over the next couple years we will have a much more competitive big 10 team as well as an RTC that is in much better shape that will be a benefit to UW and Wisconsin in general.

Looking forward to the upcoming announcements!

Ghetto

I'm not too good at math, so I checked my calculator and it tells me that if everyone on the email list gave $10 a month, that's $26,000 per month.

That might get an athlete or two.

Forego your two pumpkin spice lattes every month and give to the BRTC.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Jimmy

2600 + are interested in the brtc, lets say 250 have donated( this is just a guess) but the word hmmmmmm comes to mind. Why the low percentage buying in? In today's day and age of all the people on high alert do to the scamming industry running wild information needs to be forthright, upfront, readily available and accurate.this also includes accounting of monies spent.I believe the brtc was in bad bad shape from the previous leadership and will take time. I have been involved in various boards over the last 35 yrs. times have changed over that period. This is the age of information, like it or not.

bigoil

Quote from: Jimmy on May 12, 2019, 12:59:14 PM
2600 + are interested in the brtc, lets say 250 have donated( this is just a guess) but the word hmmmmmm comes to mind. Why the low percentage buying in? In today's day and age of all the people on high alert do to the scamming industry running wild information needs to be forthright, upfront, readily available and accurate.this also includes accounting of monies spent.I believe the brtc was in bad bad shape from the previous leadership and will take time. I have been involved in various boards over the last 35 yrs. times have changed over that period. This is the age of information, like it or not.
Sean invited you to ask any questions you have. He's always available and forthright. Don't believe him, ask Coach Bono or Coach Askren. They are all very available and approachable.

#OnWisconsin

Ghetto

250 is a bad guess Jimmy.

It's a low percentage cuz at the end of the day, Wisconsin wrestling fans don't really care about Wisconsin wrestling. Do you think Askren is taking the money? Bono? Where do you think it's going?

We'd rather cry about what's not happening than help make this thing go. That's the bottom line.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Anyone may be on the RTC mailing list. You need not donate to receive mailings. An opportunity was offered somewhere on our site some time back to get on the mailing list.
Some individuals may have missed the post, but you can still write and subscribe to updates.

https://www.badgerrtc.org/contact

No one is required to donate to be a fan, but everyone who donates is an instant fan...
(Just like my favorite instant coffee, until you put the hot water in, it's just some dry stuff...)

Try it, you'll like it!   https://youtu.be/vYEXzx-TINc
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on May 12, 2019, 04:10:07 PM

250 is a bad guess Jimmy.

It's a low percentage cuz at the end of the day, Wisconsin wrestling fans don't really care about Wisconsin wrestling. Do you think Askren is taking the money? Bono? Where do you think it's going?

We'd rather cry about what's not happening than help make this thing go. That's the bottom line.

ghetto.

you maybe right but I think maybe your not right in some of your statement. I do think Wisconsin fans are interested in wisconsin wrestling. looking at the turn around in fan attendance at the badgers dual meets. Heck I made the 7 hour round trip to a dual and was pumped the whole time!

what I think we have hear is for some fans is the fact we hear so little and have been burned in the past. I can only speak for myself but I am slowly stepping back on the badger wrestling bandwagon but I want to hear what they have going on at the RTC. I see no athlete, I know Ben Askren is the coach but I want to ask how much is he there with the MMA thing going on and his other adventures he has. He is certainly a great figure head I have to say but what athlete is in doing the training?

I proudly signed up for the emails again, must have lost the last one a few years ago ;) I hope for some great things but I want to see it before I am going to believe it or more importantly give some hard earned money again toward it.

just my opinions and I hope the RTC goes well!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet