Started by TomM, May 08, 2019, 10:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

I know they won last week on Friday. Other than that have no clue about them and I know the bucks have the Greek guy and that is it.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

The Bucks haven't been this good since they had Jabaar. Jump on board and watch them win an NBA title. They are that good.

I don't watch a ton of NBA basketball, but watching Giannis is something special. If he stays healthy, he may go down as an all time great. He is truly a freak.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

They still got Bob Lanier and Sydney Moncrief?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Those guys were great, but neither one is even in the same discussion as Giannis. He's a once in a lifetime Buck.

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on May 13, 2019, 01:40:15 PM
Those guys were great, but neither one is even in the same discussion as Giannis. He's a once in a lifetime Buck.
Maybe not as good as Giannis but those '80s teams were excellent. Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief were very dynamic, they just had 3 problems, 2 main ones. Larry Bird and Dr. J (Magic being the 3rd).

littleguy301

The bucks of the 80 decade were pretty good.

Paul pressley the point forward.

Glen Robinson and Vince Baker in the 90 decade were fun. Sorry after that complete down hill.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on May 13, 2019, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 13, 2019, 01:40:15 PM
Maybe not as good as Giannis but those '80s teams were excellent. Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief were very dynamic, they just had 3 problems, 2 main ones. Larry Bird and Dr. J (Magic being the 3rd).

I was a huge Bucks fan during the Moncrief/Johnson era. They were great players. Moncrief was as good on defense as he was on offense. If you watch Giannis, you just see a transcendent player. He is going to be the MVP more than once in his career, barring injury.

I went to a lot of games during the Big Dog/Ray Allen/Sam Cassell era. I am in on the Scott Williams foul as a conspiracy to keep the Bucks out of the NBA finals. The Bucks/Pacers (Game 6 I think) was the loudest sports venue I've ever been in). As great as all of those guys were, they just aren't Giannis. I know I sound like super fanboy, but the Bucks don't get these players. The last guy was Alcindor.

littleguy301

Until the Greek kid gets to star in a movie, I am going with jesus shuttleworth as my favorite buck,,,,,oops ray allen.

I was to young to remember that lew guy as a buck though I have his rookie card, in poor condition I will add.