2019-20 Big Ten Home matches

Started by leg turk, May 08, 2019, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

For those that haven't seen it yet, they released which Big Ten teams are coming to Madison this coming year.

Nebraska
Michigan State
Penn St
Michigan
Ohio St

It should be interesting to see who else Bono adds to this home schedule.

Who else would you guys like to see the Badgers wrestle at home?  How about Cornell?

bigoil

This is incredible. I'm going to see if Cael can still hit an ankle pick assuming I get my same tickets! ;D :D

TomM

Quote from: bigoil on May 08, 2019, 03:13:26 PM
This is incredible. I'm going to see if Cael can still hit an ankle pick assuming I get my same tickets! ;D :D

Your best 'shot' might be to blindside him during an exciting exchange in the dual... just sayin'...  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

Quote from: TomM on May 08, 2019, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: bigoil on May 08, 2019, 03:13:26 PM

Your best 'shot' might be to blindside him during an exciting exchange in the dual... just sayin'...  8)
I have no shot!

mkm13

Great list of home matches.  Just shows you how tough the big 10 is.  Even if we get Gross and have either Brown/Barnett/Burwick at 125, we would still likely be underdogs in 3 of them, a toss up in 1, and big favorites against MSU. 

Based on wrestlestat, our home duals are against the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, and 27th ranked teams in the country.  That would provide some great matchups and a lot of great opportunities for upsets. 

With that list of teams coming,along with our potential lineup, I have to believe our attendance will take another good jump this year.

gwmiller44

Like to see Missouri on the schedule!
Really? Think, Wow!

kmoc33

Handles II

Kids, moms, and non-hardcore wrestling fans, readers of the newspaper, etc, love to see wins for home events, especially if they traveled an hour and paid admission. It helps them enjoy the experience and potentially return for another.  Either we need to be able to run with the big dogs, or we need to pad our home events. Bring in NDSU, Iowa State, etc. some quality but not top ranked teams.

wrastle63

Quote from: Handles II on May 10, 2019, 09:57:46 AM
Kids, moms, and non-hardcore wrestling fans, readers of the newspaper, etc, love to see wins for home events, especially if they traveled an hour and paid admission. It helps them enjoy the experience and potentially return for another.  Either we need to be able to run with the big dogs, or we need to pad our home events. Bring in NDSU, Iowa State, etc. some quality but not top ranked teams.
Iowa State will be ranked for sure next year.

Handles II

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 10, 2019, 10:54:56 AM
Quote from: Handles II on May 10, 2019, 09:57:46 AM
Iowa State will be ranked for sure next year.
I get that. Will they be a top 5 team? Just putting out a couple examples. I also feel that the more "midwest" the team is, the better it could be for those types of onlookers. Heck schedule St. Cloud.

leg turk

Micic vs Gross, in the barn?  #jumparound