2020 Tournament Assignments are out

Started by crossface21, May 01, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoldEmUp

Bravo to the WIAA for fixing log jam in this year's Valders Regional in D2. That fix was a long time coming! Another good fix was moving Stratford out of the same sectional as Coleman in D3! 

CRaTR

Quote from: FoldEmUp on May 01, 2019, 01:44:56 PM
Bravo to the WIAA for fixing log jam in this year's Valders Regional in D2. That fix was a long time coming! Another good fix was moving Stratford out of the same sectional as Coleman in D3!

I think a lot of people will agree those changes are more equitable in the big picture.

bigoil

Quote from: CRaTR on May 01, 2019, 02:09:53 PM

I think a lot of people will agree those changes are more equitable in the big picture.
Everyone but the teams where Stratford and Wrightstown were moved to  ;D

CityGuy

Lots of movement in D1 should make for some interesting matchups

Numbers

Waterford and Burlington in the same sectional  :o

DocWrestling

The moves in D2 and D3 are long overdue.  The WIAA now really needs to figure out a way to separate the Milwaukee City Schools into different regionals.  I count 9 city schools and they are all in two different regionals.  At least 5 are in one sectional and 4 in another sectional.  They need to split those 9 schools over all 4 regionals. 

It affects the individual tournament as well as the team tournament.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

beastmode

Quote from: bigoil on May 01, 2019, 02:57:50 PM

Who is Stratford returning? I thought they might be going through some lean years coming up....
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

beastmode

Stratford and Cadott in same regional....Dang!!!!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

ramjet

I think the changes cleaned some things up.

The biggest injustice is Florence/Goodman/Niagra/Pembine into D2 I would say that is not a good move at all.....

scfcat

Quote from: beastmode on May 01, 2019, 04:36:22 PM

Who is Stratford returning? I thought they might be going through some lean years coming up....

With as many kids as Stratford has in their room they will be reload and be just fine. It's going to be an awesome team sectional with Stratford and St. Croix Falls returning 12 kids from lasts years squad, and the states 2nd toughest individual sectional now has an argument for being the toughest adding Stratford and Edger.

dforsythe

Can anyone explain to me how Delaven-Darien and Big Foot/Williams Bay ended up in D1.

ramjet

so very true  ;D