Wisconsin Career Wins-Loss Record

Started by jdwrestle, March 11, 2019, 02:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Quote from: factfinder on March 14, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: mhsfan2 on March 14, 2019, 02:18:05 PM
Curious how many of these outstanding wrestlers do not have a State Title on their resume? Not to diminish what they've accomplished just noticed a few that hadn't.

I don't know the answer to your question but it brings up another good question, how many of those records translated to success at the next level?

You may be surprised how many may not have wrestled at all in college. Plus anyone who has can tell you it's a different game at any college level. Walk into the room and everyone is tough as nails. Sometime large egos cannot take that let down. Surviving 4 years is tough enough especially the grind on the body and injuries play a role.

In other words; I hold any wrestlers competing at any college level in the highest regard.

SC

Ian Laatsch - Appleton North 150-19
Brock Danielski - Appleton North 135-47
David Quinlan - Appleton North 127-15

mhsfan2

Quote from: ramjet on March 14, 2019, 05:06:32 PM
Curious how many of these outstanding wrestlers do not have a State Title on their resume? Not to diminish what they've accomplished just noticed a few that hadn't.

I don't know the answer to your question but it brings up another good question, how many of those records translated to success at the next level?

You may be surprised how many may not have wrestled at all in college. Plus anyone who has can tell you it's a different game at any college level. Walk into the room and everyone is tough as nails. Sometime large egos cannot take that let down. Surviving 4 years is tough enough especially the grind on the body and injuries play a role.

In other words; I hold any wrestlers competing at any college level in the highest regard.
Also school is a full time job for a young person then add wrestling, lifting and running every morning and night  to that and what was once your passion can seem like the worst job you ever could have.

GoodGod

Quote from: leg turk on March 14, 2019, 04:26:33 PM
How many 4 time champs have there been, 18 or something like that?  How many of those were an AA in D1 college?

Off the top of my head Hanutke and Kevin Black, pretty sure that's it.

bigoil

Quote from: GoodGod on March 14, 2019, 11:53:48 PM
How many 4 time champs have there been, 18 or something like that?  How many of those were an AA in D1 college?

I believe Schlough was the 17th this year. Two last year Schoenherr and Stuhl

factfinder

Quote from: GoodGod on March 14, 2019, 11:53:48 PM

Matt Hanutke 117-0 4x state champ, First to ever go undefeated in HS and one of only a handful of Badgers to All Americans 4x, he has to go down as one of the top ten Wisconsin wrestling greats.

ramjet

Quote from: mhsfan2 on March 14, 2019, 09:05:27 PM

Also school is a full time job for a young person then add wrestling, lifting and running every morning and night  to that and what was once your passion can seem like the worst job you ever could have.

Yup so very true and I am not criticizing anyone who makes those choices but really complimenting those who do it especially those who letter four years at any college program. If college wrestling was a prerequisite for coaching all wrestling in Wisconsin would improve.

DocWrestling

Anyone who can wrestle four years in college at any level is a "BEAST"!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Oldtimer

I've been amazed at some of the talent at our HS level that struggled in college.  I really believe just competing for 4 (or 5) years at the college wrestling level is amazing.  I've seen some amazing studs not reach the highest level due to injury, grades, and many other reasons.  Utmost respect for those that continue through college.
Beware of the northern sleeper

jpoc

Nolan Paar 161 - 25 Oak Creek
Matt Berlin 148 - 29 Oak Creek

imnofish

Totally agree!  Many fans have unrealistic expectations of top high school athletes, because they just don't realize how tough it is at the next level.  They also have unrealistic expectations about these kids getting athletic scholarships. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

GoodGod

[/quote]
Matt Hanutke 117-0 4x state champ, First to ever go undefeated in HS and one of only a handful of Badgers to All Americans 4x, he has to go down as one of the top ten Wisconsin wrestling greats.
[/quote]

I would say those accolades put him at #1 folkstyle wise.

Black Cloud

I think Ben Askren would be ahead of Hanutke.

ramjet

Quote from: Oldtimer on March 15, 2019, 09:31:27 AM
I've been amazed at some of the talent at our HS level that struggled in college.  I really believe just competing for 4 (or 5) years at the college wrestling level is amazing.  I've seen some amazing studs not reach the highest level due to injury, grades, and many other reasons.  Utmost respect for those that continue through college.

Absolutely true that's why I get tired of keyboard kings criticizing any college wrestler. Especially when they just refer to them as a number or statistic it's disrespectful and shows the keyboard king has no clue about the sacrifice hard work and commitment it takes at any level. The college training and practices alone are briutal physically mentally at all levels. We had an opportunity to sit in on an Iowa practice I was absolutely awe struck with the grind they go through. My hats off to any Olympic hopeful or college wrestler.

BayWrestler07

Jared Krattinger Waterford 192-5

Malachi Root Green Bay Preble 175-8

Mason Bohm Shawano 145-29

Jared Kust Shawano 168-21

Jordan Kust Shawano 134-17

Ben Tauchen Bonduel 168-24