Kudos to Ripon Tourney today

Started by DocWrestling, March 09, 2019, 04:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Very well run tournament!  Best of the year I have been to.

1) Did not allow parents and wrestlers mat side.  Kept them in the stands.  Great job!
2) Ran trackwrestling with paperless system with multiple places with screens showing which bouts were wrestling on each mat
3) No breaks
4) Awards were in auditorium with sound system and quick

One subtle improvement all tournaments can make.  Put the 7th/8th grade mat in the spot that has the least bleachers or tucked away in gym.  Noticed this at a couple tournaments.   It is usually the least congested with fewer fans as every grandma and grandma comes to watch the k-4 younger kids so put them right in front of the biggest bleachers as they will need the most seating and have the most screamers. 

Kudos on a great well run tournament!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ChargerDad

I agree on the 7/8 mats being where the least bleachers are..  works out great.. means those of us that want to watch the older kids don't have grandma, grandpa, uncle Pete, Aunt Sally, 6 cousins, the neighbor lady, UPS driver, mom, dad, a few brothers and sisters and who knows else screaming right next to us for a 1st grade match..

padre

Best tournaments of the year that we attended...

As you can see I hate breaks. There's just little reason for them.  Kids are running all over the place and on to other mats while matches are going on and you lose the momentum of the tournament.  Tournaments have really upped their fees and we are fine with that, but cut the breaks out as they are unnecessary.

1.  Appleton North(well run and great competition/no breaks)
2.  Oconto Falls(well run and no breaks)
3.  Neenah(well run...take out the break though)
4.  Marshfield(brackets out night before and ran well...have to adjust to using flo for parents but they have monitors up)
5.  Wausau West(could be better if they used track as it takes too long to bracket and placement of charts is in bad spot...could also cut out the break as they get extended on certain mats)
6.  Stevens Point(less kids this year made it easier to get around...great competition but when they fill it is way too crowded...should also cut out the break as it gets chaotic)
7.  Seymour(not as great of competition but ran well)

Lots of work needed...
1.  Wautoma(don't even know where to start)
2.  Mosinee(take people at the door and gym is too small to hold 300)