Big Ten's

Started by Armdrag, March 05, 2019, 09:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armdrag

Any gatherings planned for Badger fans in MN for the tournament???

TomM

Quote from: Armdrag on March 05, 2019, 09:49:06 AM
Any gatherings planned for Badger fans in MN for the tournament???

William's arena 10am Saturday  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Armdrag

Good one Tom!!! You got me!!! Ok any gatherings to attend after the wrestling to ease our throats from yelling soooo much!!!

bkraus

I won't be in MN this weekend, but check out Surly Brewery.  Great food(BBQ) and great beer.  Close to the University.  And you get your food within like 5 minutes of ordering or less.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Hillger has a bye round 1. Breske drew Striggow and Model drew Pantaleo. Crazy round 1 matchup Mason Parris vs Hemida.

ChargerDad

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 08, 2019, 01:08:03 PM
Hillger has a bye round 1. Breske drew Striggow and Model drew Pantaleo. Crazy round 1 matchup Mason Parris vs Hemida.

That is insane..  I believe Hemida fell 3 matches shy of earning the conference an allocation at 285, and gets Parris round 1..  This is InterMat #6 vs #9 in round 1 at Conference. ridiculous..

dad 2 5

Can the Badgers improve on last year?
first round 5-5
second round
front side 0-5
back side 5-0
third round
front side no one
back side 6-4 (four out) but JJ and CM for to 9th place bracket
fourth round
4-2
fifth round
3-1
2-0
Sixth round
2-1
0-1

2 3rd place
1 4th place
1 6th place
2 7th place
1 9th place

dad 2 5

2 3rd place
1 4th place
1 6th place
2 7th place
1 9th place

I think for 2019
2 3rd place
1 5th place
2 7th place
1 8th place
Hope I am wrong and they can have a better weekend then that

billymurphy

Last time I was in Minnesota to watch the Big Ten Tournament Craig Henning was a senior.
I am pretty sure I remember Craig Henning getting pinned by a lowly Michigan State guy
to get knocked out of the tournament very early and not placing, resulting in him not qualifying
for nationals.  

Manty77

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 08, 2019, 06:03:25 PM
2 3rd place
1 4th place
1 6th place
2 7th place
1 9th place

I think for 2019
2 3rd place
1 5th place
2 7th place
1 8th place
Hope I am wrong and they can have a better weekend then that

My guess is they'll do better than 2012, too.  If memory serves me correctly, that is the year they finished in last place with 9 points.  I think they had 2 wrestlers finish in 8th place.  Ugg.

bigG

That roller coaster was the trend that , finally, precipitated change, IMHO. At least we're talking abut this year, unlike the ole days, when it was all about "next year's team." Got to be a bit delusional.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Numbers

Quote from: Manty77 on March 08, 2019, 10:01:24 PM
My guess is they'll do better than 2012, too.  If memory serves me correctly, that is the year they finished in last place with 9 points.  I think they had 2 wrestlers finish in 8th place.  Ugg.

That was the year Tobin (Hudson) almost was the leading point scorer for the Badgers at NCAAs.  Then Ben Jordan ripped the backside of the bracket to AA.

Numbers

I am optimistic for today.  There will be some great matches.  Hope we are on the good side of the 1 and 2 point matches and grab some bonus points for the team along the way!

dad 2 5

Quote from: Numbers on March 09, 2019, 07:35:09 AM
I am optimistic for today.  There will be some great matches.  Hope we are on the good side of the 1 and 2 point matches and grab some bonus points for the team along the way!
+1

Harris

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 09, 2019, 08:11:19 AM
Quote from: Numbers on March 09, 2019, 07:35:09 AM
+1
+2