Moose is back... to play 2nd?

Started by fastnfurious, February 19, 2019, 01:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastnfurious

I really like that we re-signed Moose. Solid player and a great clubhouse presence. I heard that he will be playing 2nd now and Shaw will be playing 3rd. Interesting for sure. I think he can do it though, solid athlete and will put in the work. I guess they figure his offensive production will be worth it anyway. I think the price is fair too. 1 year deal so won't be holding up Keston too long. But if Keston does come up this year I'm sure we'll find a way to work him into the lineup.

I still wish we would've added a true ace. Feels like the one thing really missing right now. On the bright side, there are a ton of options for the rotation and some will rise to the occasion. I fully believe Corbin Burnes is a future ace.

leg turk

I thought him moving to second was a bit of a head scratcher.  They must think it will be better this way, but why didn't they do it last year then?  I don't know, time will tell.

I agree about getting an Ace.  They didn't go after one last year when the push to the playoffs was on the line, so it doesn't surprise me they didn't go after one in the off season.  I don't know, I really think we need one.  It could be the difference of making or not making the playoffs again.  Again, time will tell.  I'm just glad Brewers Baseball is ready to crank up, I could watch them every night.

littleguy301

Moose at second is also a head scratcher. I like the bat in the line up but our SS is going to be covering some serious ground due to our right side of the infield isnt going to when many sprints ;D

hopefully one of the pitchers steps up and blows us away with a banner year. wishful thinking yes but much needed for sure.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet