Thank You Mr Official

Started by 1Iota, February 08, 2019, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Iota

I was just want to send a message to any Referees that might check out this forum.  Thank you for all you do for our sport.  It is a thankless job for very few dollars that the vast majority of us wrestling fans appreciate the time you give.  I promise these next few weeks to go out of my way to support your efforts and make it known to those around me we are lucky to have you. 

bigoil

Quote from: 1Iota on February 08, 2019, 08:46:35 PM
I was just want to send a message to any Referees that might check out this forum.  Thank you for all you do for our sport.  It is a thankless job for very few dollars that the vast majority of us wrestling fans appreciate the time you give.  I promise these next few weeks to go out of my way to support your efforts and make it known to those around me we are lucky to have you. 

Thank a ref day tomorrow!!!

ramjet

Good work refs keep upholding the rules......💪💪

Fabulous Falcons

I agree thank an official tomorrow. . . :)

One thing I noticed this season is that the two points of contact in the wrestling circle (edge of mat) needs to be closely watched. . .this is extremely difficult to monitor in high scoring matches.

I've often thought that we should have an official in the stands and one on the mat with a ear piece. . .its difficult to get every call right when your in the direct line of fire.

One the lighter side of things. . . years (lot's) ago at the Elkhorn Invite a couple of my teammates thought we needed a new scoring system in high school wrestling with flash cards. . . similar to diving. So there would be a panel of judges who decide the amount of points that should be awarded according to execution and degree of difficulty. ;-)
Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

Nice job today, gentlemen!  Thanks for all your hard work!   8) 8) 8) 8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

mhsfan2

Mauston Regional.
Thanks to Head Official Scott Brookman, Mark Parrott, and John Lehr. Besides doing a great job officiating the rules, they did a great job stopping the potentially dangerous situations. All our wrestlers went home healthy. Trainer had a slow day little blood no injury time. Sometimes we as fans boo when they stop the match and forget that the refs 1st job is the safety of those wrestlers.Haven't seen John for a while it was nice to see him again. All three gentlemen very good.

Whizzersoldman

Quote from: maggie on February 09, 2019, 06:26:30 PM
Good work Men !  :)
I go to wrestling matches every week, following my boys home town team. I find the reffing mostly good.
There is always a call that can be questioned. Live with it. Any ref can and will make a call you don't feel is right. This
is amateur sports and this even happens in the pros. For a lot of parents this gives them a chance to make excuses for
a kids loss. Thanks refs. Keep reffing and don't let this banter effect you in any way.